Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tired of the apologies for December bowel games

DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
It always goes 'if you think these games are irrelevant, just look at how excited these players are.'

Fuck off. If player excitement is all that matters, drop the 6 win bowl eligibility requirement. I bet WSU's players would be really excited to play in another game right now.

Comments

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The games aren't irrelevant, until Sarkisian craps himself during the actual bowl game and Husky fans are just happy to have been there in the first place. HTH.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    How many bowel games (ROFL) are there now? 35? Fuck that shit.

20 games max. Retool the ranking so teams are ranked 1-40. Bowl eligibility requires a conference championship, a ranking and above a .500 record. No more 6-6 teams.

Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl and Cotton Bowl on New Year's Day.

BCS or whatever title game on January 2nd or 3rd and the only games after that are the senior bowl, north-south-east-west games.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Exactly what CFNL said
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    If you are only allowing conference champions to appear in bowls, you won't need 20 games.

I'm ok with a 16 team playoff and telling everyone else to fuck off at this point.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    16 team playoff. Conference champs of Pac12, B1G, Big XII, ACC, and SEC get automatic berths. 11 at-large teams. Seed it 1-16. Higher seed gets home field advantage. Championship game at per-determined site on the first Saturday of January. No bowls. They don't matter anymore. Tell the other 104 teams to fuck off and get better.

There, it took me 30 seconds to solve college football's post season.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Either go back to the way it was 20 years ago or eliminate the bowls and have a playoff. I used to love New Year's Day. I actually mowed the lawn today.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    Either 8 team or 16 team playoff, + 8 more bowls just because it's a good way to finish a season and more football to watch. With 32 teams making the post season instead of 70, it won't be watered down anymore.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Either 8 team or 16 team playoff, + 8 more bowls just because it's a good way to finish a season and more football to watch. With 32 teams making the post season instead of 70, it won't be watered down anymore.

So you're saying UW will end every season in November?

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

If you are only allowing conference champions to appear in bowls, you won't need 20 games.

I'm ok with a 16 team playoff and telling everyone else to fuck off at this point.

I meant confernce championship or a top 40 ranking.