Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump: ‘The Silent Majority is Back and We’re Going to Take the Country Back’

d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
PHOENIX — GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump, whose caustic comments about Mexican immigrants have inflamed the immigration debate, told thousands of cheering supporters here Saturday that “we have to take back the heart of our country.”

“These are people that shouldn’t be in our country,” he said in a rambling, angry speech. “They flow in like water.” A man shouted from the crowd, “Build a wall!”

Basking in polls that show he is near the front of the crowded Republican field, Trump took obvious glee in mocking former Florida governor Jeb Bush, the establishment favorite who is setting fundraising records.

“How can I be tied with this guy?” Trump asked the crowd. “He’s terrible. He’s weak on immigration.”
breitbart.com/immigration/2015/07/11/trump-the-silent-majority-is-back-and-were-going-to-take-the-country-back/

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,652 Founders Club
    If I had to vote R, it would probably be the Donald. Tallest midget I guess. No more fucking Bushes.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,091 Founders Club
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Reality is I'm rooting for Trump to get the R nomination.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,764 Standard Supporter
    Trump is going to make Ross Perot's run look like a high school student council election.

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

Trump is a plant. This is a republican strategy. Normally they have to out retard each other to see who is furthest to the right. Now they get Trump saying ridiculous shit and they get to appear kinder, wiser and more in the middle.

Lipo.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,652 Founders Club
    edited July 2015
    It's not ridiculous when you live near a border. Was it p.c.? No. Was it an embellishment? Yeah, probably, but every fucking politician who calls for a secure border is usually labeled racist by la raza types. I'm fucking sick of it.

It's not like Mexico is sending a lot of professionals here who hop the border. There are still plenty of people here who need work. If it's stuff "Americans won't do," well golly gee willickers, maybe pay $11 an hour instead of 8, or for more skilled trade jobs, $20 instead of $14.

Someone said it in another thread. People who migrate here, especially from places within a day's drive from SD, LA, Inland Empire, Tucson, Phoenix, hell paso, SA and Houston often have one foot here and one foot in MX. It's not like 100 years ago when Mario and Tony had to pretty much cut ties with the village, learn English and assimilate.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,374 Founders Club
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

It's not ridiculous when you live near a border. Was it p.c.? No. Was it an embellishment? Yeah, probably, but every fucking politician who calls for a secure border is usually labeled racist by la raza types. I'm fucking sick of it.

It's not like Mexico is sending a lot of professionals here who hop the border. There are still plenty of people here who need work. If it's stuff "Americans won't do," well golly gee willickers, maybe pay $11 an hour instead of 8, or for more skilled trade jobs, $20 instead of $14.

Someone said it in another thread. People who migrate here, especially from places within a day's drive from SD, LA, Inland Empire, Tucson, Phoenix, hell paso, SA and Houston often have one foot here and one foot in MX. It's not like 100 years ago when Mario and Tony had to pretty much cut ties with the village, learn English and assimilate.

Trump is a clown, but his thoughts on border control have some truth. At the same time, it is kind of racist because many of those Mexicans are here to work hard and make money. What is peanuts to most Americans is a decent wage to them, and an opportunity they don't get in Mexico.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

I'm sure all 16 of Trumps great great WASPy granddads bitched about the exact same things except with the Irish, Italians, and Polish 150 years ago. LRR: incumbents hate immigration.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    HuskyInAZ said:

I'm sure all 16 of Trumps great great WASPy granddads bitched about the exact same things except with the Irish, Italians, and Polish 150 years ago. LRR: incumbents hate immigration.
    I can't stand the argument that our ancestors were all immigrants so why should we be against these current immigrants. The world is a bit different today. I'm pretty sure that 150 years ago, immigrants were not entitled to free healthcare, free government provided entitlements, and a society that tolerates/supports speaking anything other than English. And the real kicker....the vast majority of immigrants 150 years ago came here legally.
    Sure.

I don't care about immigration. If anything it probably benefits me and the vast majority of this college educated board. I do care that smaller regional issues like homos marrying each other and border patrol take precedence in the federal government over real issues like entitlement reform and education.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    I agree with you to some extent. Homos marrying each other, the Confederate Flag (my own add on)......WGAF. And entitlements and education are two of the most important domestic issues we face. But immigration, specifically illegal immigration, has a significant impact on both entitlements and education. Certainly, immigration is not the sole reason entitlements and education are fucked up in this country, but it is one of the reasons, and a significant one at that.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    At minimum, get the popcorn ready when the Donald speaks at the first Republican debate.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

That is the problem. Get these people legalized and on the path to citizenship so they pay taxes, etc, rather than sucking out resources.

The demographics of the West and even places like Japan and China are bad. Immigration policies will ultimately be liberalized almost everywhere as countries desperately try to keep their economies growing.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Open borders, no labor restrictions.
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

That is the problem. Get these people legalized and on the path to citizenship so they pay taxes, etc, rather than sucking out resources.

The demographics of the West and even places like Japan and China are bad. Immigration policies will ultimately be liberalized almost everywhere as countries desperately try to keep their economies entitlements growing.
    Fixed that for ya.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I sense that you are trolling, but go on.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

100% instant repeal of all entitlements including pensions, open borders, no labor restrictions.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,091 Founders Club
    Can we have slavery back?