Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Something tells me these analysts missed the late Cal/WSU game last year

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
If they had watched it, I think any idea of one of these two teams having a legitimate chance next year would have been thrown out completely.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

That was the worst football game I have ever watched; it was like a train wreck, couldn't turn away.

So you became a football fan sometime after the 2008 Apple Cup?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2015

That was the worst football game I have ever watched; it was like a train wreck, couldn't turn away.

So you became a football fan sometime after the 2008 Apple Cup?
    2 straight KOR's for CAL with the returner not being touched. WSU had the ball for like 12 minutes straight in the 3rd quarter. No one could stop anything, it was worse than 2008 Cripple Cup. Plus the hilarious ending.

EDIT: I take it all back, at least the CAL/WSU game was hilariously entertaining in a complete joke kinda way. UW/WSU 2008 was just sad and ugly. You are right, boobielips.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

One of the best game threads ever. Leach has WSU marching like gangbusters for the game winning drive, and 10 or so of us kept posting how they'd coug it. Most of us knew the field goal would be missed even before they lined up. It was the most concrete moment that iron clad laws do exist.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If you can't see the progress the cuogs are making with Leach at the helm, well... You just don't know football.
  • Options
    "Change is coming, can you feel it?" ~ CougLJ
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    That game was a zoo, but I still think Cal surprises this year and pulls off at least one big conference upset (I'll say they beat SC in Berkeley this year). I also think they'll go into Austin and beat a punchless Longhorn squad. Hear me now, troll me later.

Goff is better than Kessler, their WR unit is top 3 in the conference, they have two big Texas RBs, and the OL I believe all returns. Offense will be good...is the defense still toxic waste? That is the question. I'll say 7-5 and bowling.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Murphy's Law did not apply to that game. It was superceded by the Law of Cooging It which is mighty powerful.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

That game was a zoo, but I still think Cal surprises this year and pulls off at least one big conference upset (I'll say they beat SC in Berkeley this year). I also think they'll go into Austin and beat a punchless Longhorn squad. Hear me now, troll me later.

Goff is better than Kessler, their WR unit is top 3 in the conference, they have two big Texas RBs, and the OL I believe all returns. Offense will be good...is the defense still toxic waste? That is the question. I'll say 7-5 and bowling.

Is Goff actually good or is he Sean Mannion? I'm still undecided. He has talent, but his team sucks so it is hard to judge. He has stats, but Cal airs it out 40-50 times per game.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Goff goes first round. He's pretty damn talented.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Is Goff actually good or is he Sean Mannion? I'm still undecided. He has talent, but his team sucks so it is hard to judge. He has stats, but Cal airs it out 40-50 times per game.
    TBD, But in my opinion he's good. He throws with great anticipation even in the face of pressure. Doesn't take a lot of dumb sacks (Hundley). Best deep ball in the pac12.

Cal actually had a 1,000 yard rusher last year that returns and they are raving about this 230# Texas running back Enwere coming off of RS. I think their offense has a chance to be very very good. That defense and schedule though...eeesh.
  • Options

TBD, But in my opinion he's good. He throws with great anticipation even in the face of pressure. Doesn't take a lot of dumb sacks (Hundley). Best deep ball in the pac12.

Cal actually had a 1,000 yard rusher last year that returns and they are raving about this 230# Texas running back Enwere coming off of RS. I think their offense has a chance to be very very good. That defense and schedule though...eeesh.
    The problem is that no matter how much the offense scores, the defense will always allow more
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Did the improvement Bull Muse sees... but doesn't show up in the win column... stand out?