Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OT: What age are you?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    30-39

dnc said:

I was 16 when we won the Rose Bowl, and before that we were good enough for me to get hooked.

I'm old enough to ask, 'what the fuck do you mean, when we won the Rose Bowl?'

We've won the Rose Bowl 5 times in my life.
    We've won it 3 times that I remember, 4 times in my lifetime.
    For me,

'78, '82, '91, '92, '01. We've been 7 times ('81 and '93 being the losses).
    fixed
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    20-29

I've said it before and I'll say it again... anyone who is a HHB and under 35 is a goddamned saint.

Mazel Tov to all of you out there.

Why the fuck do you like Husky football, tho?

I ask myself that all the time. I contemplate giving it up every year, but I probably never will. I like Husky Football because some of my earliest childhood memories where when UW was at their peak. I have a picture of me at a game from the '91 season. I was four. It was something I bonded with my two dads over and it's stuck ever since. I would read the media guides and memorize the whole team. It has played a role in my miserable and pathetic life ever since. Other hobbies have come and gone, but Husky Football stuck.
    My experience verbatim.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,002
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    30-39

dnc said:

I was 16 when we won the Rose Bowl, and before that we were good enough for me to get hooked.

For me,

'78, '81, '91, '92, '01. We've been 7 times ('81 and '93 being the losses).
    My folks brought me home from the hospital the day of the '78 rosebowl. Therefore, this list is accurate for me too.

#ohhai
  • Options
    30-39
    pawz said:

dnc said:

For me,

'78, '81, '91, '92, '01. We've been 7 times ('81 and '93 being the losses).
    My dads brought me home from the hospital the day of the '78 rosebowl. Therefore, this list is accurate for me too.

#ohhai
    you new here?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,002
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    30-39
    brchco12 said:

PurpleJ said:

I was 12 when we won the Rose Bowl. Peak of Husky football in my lifetime. FMFYFE.

me too, i also grew up in the Portland media market and I think the duck rise galvanized my UW identity. also the WSU Vancouver campus helped me think I was better than everyone I lived around.

Vancouver is so fucked
    I was born and raised in Vancouver too. This post couldn't be more true.

The one thing I would add is wondering as a kid, "why don't the people on teevee ever talk about vancouver/washington?". I got a case of the civic pride (not the 75k kind) very early in life.
  • Options
    30-39

Any teens? (Insert creeper joke). Seriously, I ran across a few idiot teenagers on other boreds. One pretended to be a dr., another was a Coug fan who posted his pretend AAU scores.

Seriously though any teens? Asking for a friend.
    Does your fren have a five dollar footlong?
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    40-49
    So what I'm old! I could still out bench press you younger fucks!
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    40-49

How would you like to earn a free Subway sandwich?
    atleast they accepted the points you already had. subway is phasing that program out and you could have been stuck with no reward at all. you still should have punched the kid working though.
    That will never. Ever. Get old.

Ever.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Too embarrassed to vote. Nobody my age should be on this site.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,155
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    30-39
    pawz said:

brchco12 said:

PurpleJ said:

I was 12 when we won the Rose Bowl. Peak of Husky football in my lifetime. FMFYFE.

me too, i also grew up in the Portland media market and I think the duck rise galvanized my UW identity. also the WSU Vancouver campus helped me think I was better than everyone I lived around.

Vancouver is so fucked
    I was born and raised in Vancouver too. This post couldn't be more true.

The one thing I would add is wondering as a kid, "why don't the people on teevee ever talk about vancouver/washington?". I got a case of the civic pride (not the 75k kind) very early in life.
    It's not tough to build up pride when portland's JV media won't shut up about gresham and canon beach.

I remember getting to UW and being shocked that the local news was actually about the place where I lived.