Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Sometimes parting of ways is the best for everybody ... clearly that is the case in this situation.

IF the stories about Aldridge are as they seem in the story, then he'll be in for a bit of a rude awakening in San Antonio. I have a feeling he'll fit in just fine there and he knows what he is getting himself into.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,629 Founders Club
    One of the longest tenured players in franchise history chose to leave, taking with him one playoff series victory, which happened to be sealed by Lillard.

but the Spurs are going to win the title now
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

One of the longest tenured players in franchise history chose to leave, taking with him one playoff series victory, which happened to be sealed by Lillard.

They might. The Spurs have the same team as last year, but have Aldridge instead of Splitter.
    The Spurs need to get a decent defensive option at PG though ... the biggest weakness they have is the fact that it is very possible that Tony Parker is done.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,546 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

The Spurs need to get a decent defensive option at PG though ... the biggest weakness they have is the fact that it is very possible that Tony Parker is done.

It's hard to imagine Parker, even with the big if he stays healthy, being able to keep up with the athletic point guards out west. He really seems to be on the slide. The big fundamental is ageless with his angles and bank shots, but parker slicing and dicing with the impossible floaters is unsustainable at some point.
    I don't worry about Parker being productive offensively even if he is only playing 20-25 minutes a night in a Ginobili role ... I just don't see how he can stay in front of guys defensively. He's crafty enough defensively to be able to use screens and get into the lane with his bag of tricks to score or create for others. He won't be at his elite level but still productive enough.
    edited July 2015

They might. The Spurs have the same team as last year, but have Aldridge instead of Splitter.
    They lost to the Clippers

Adding a guy with one series win in 9 years isn't going to fix that
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
    Cats win the title next year. The season is already over. Your welcome.
    Cats?

Such pussy J

You've been full court pressing with this Aldridge stuff. He may be overrated, but he's good. The Spurs have lost early in the playoffs before and have bounced back. They definitely didn't get worse by signing him.
    I think the pressing is expecting a career non difference maker to make a difference. Sure if Duncan and Parker weren't washed up but Aldridge has to be the man and he isnt. Never has been.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320

And now the clips have lost Jordan to Dallas, what's your point? Teams change.

Aldridge just has to produce and not fuck up the chemistry, leave the leadership to the three old men.
    Hold on ... Timmy is washed up? 14 and 9 per game in 29 minutes a contest is pretty solid work. He still shoots over 50% from the field and over 70% from the line. In the playoffs he averaged 18 and 11.

There are a lot of guys in the NBA that would like to be that washed up.

I think the pressing is expecting a career non difference maker to make a difference. Sure if Duncan and Parker weren't washed up but Aldridge has to be the man and he isnt. Never has been.

Did Pop retire? Aldridge doesn't have to be the man. They still have Leonard, who is the best player on the team. They still have Green. They still have Diaw. They still have Mills. The Spurs are loaded and they aren't dependent on any single player. I'm not sure if Parker is washed up either. He's slipped, but he could still be pretty good. He was hurt pretty much all year. Just two years ago he was a top 10 player in the NBA and the 2nd best player in the 2013 NBA Finals.
    Some of you guys ought to watch some NBA ball sometime. Numbers are bullshit. They lost to the Clippers. Where was Duncan?

What has Aldridge ever done? Won one series in 9 years.

The Spurs are not winning the west

Some of you guys ought to watch some NBA ball sometime. Numbers are bullshit. They lost to the Clippers. Where was Duncan?

What has Aldridge ever done? Won one series in 9 years.

The Spurs are not winning the west

The irony. You need to wash LeBron's semen out of your eyes. If Aldridge was going to a team that was dependent on him being the franchise player, I would agree. But the reality is that Aldridge is joining a team that is already really good.

I don't know if they are winning the West. Golden State and OKC will both likely be very good. But if you can't see how the Spurs are better today than when last season ended (and they were good despite the loss to the Clippers), I can't help you.
    They have a bunch of role players and added a role player. All Pops means is they win 50 games before they go out in the playoffs. They aren't winning the west.

I love how guys on this board rip James all day while propping up losers who have never won shit.

I'm applying the James standard to every player in this league. Duncan is an all time great by that standard. So is Kobe. Neither one is getting that 6th ring

the rest of the "buzz" over free agents is comical. There are no difference makers. Lebron will win the East and GS or OKC will win the West.

That's how the NBA works. You guys argued with me last year and tried to claim Atlanta or Chicago were better than Cleveland. Jimmy Butler as a great free agent.

All nonsense. Like Aldridge. 9 years is a big sample set. Who cares if the Spurs are better if they aren't winning the west? Aldridge will miss his 20-30 games as well
    Wake me up when LBJ gets to his 3rd, much less 5th, championship ring.
    I'm too excited about Aldridge getting his first!!!111!!!
    If the discussion was about Aldridge being the #1 option and winning a title, I'd agree 100% with you.

If he's the 2nd or 3rd best player on your roster, you have a decent chance to win a title.

I see a lot of similarities between LaMarcus LaAldridge and Pau Gasol.