Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Husky Football: ‘It Is Very Cool To Be Smart’

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    Sounds like something Ty would say.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    PurpleJ said:

Sounds like something Ty would say.

But unlike Willingham, Petersen seems to have already gotten some results on that front.
    WHOOOOSH!1!!!!
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    PurpleJ said:

WHOOOOSH!1!!!!

Undoubtedly.
    Mad_Son said:

PurpleJ said:

WHOOOOSH!1!!!!

Undoubtedly.
    Church school.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    The Details: ‘It Is Very Cool To Be Smart’
    Release: 07/01/2015
    More Sharing Services
    By Mason Kelley
    GoHuskies.com

When Chris Petersen arrived at Washington, he made it clear his players would be as committed in the classroom as they were on the field.

“It has really always been our belief as coaches that our most squared away students are going to be our best players,” Washington’s football coach said. “If you have a bunch of 3.0 students, you should eventually have a bunch of good, solid players.”

Petersen is creating a culture where “it is very cool to be smart.” To facilitate that idea, the Huskies make a point to celebrate success in the classroom. From the 3.0 board mounted in football offices, to the team meeting each quarter that points out and praises each student who earned a spot on that list, academic achievement is built into the fabric of this program.
    Pieces like this must make Steve Kelly roll in his grave.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

Mad_Son said:

PurpleJ said:

WHOOOOSH!1!!!!

Undoubtedly.
    Church school.
    They need to hashtag one of these stories with that. Or #NoEdge
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Stanford and MIT are "elite institutions." The UW is mostly selective. I've heard tales that they take transfers from NSCC not far from the 7/11 on Aurora. Elite!
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732

Stanford and MIT are "elite institutions." The UW is mostly selective. I've heard tales that they take transfers from NSCC not far from the 7/11 on Aurora. Elite!

For 99% of the student athletes, UW is an elite institution.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,618 Standard Supporter
    11 poasts and no *academis? WTF. Bored is loosing it.

He had to say that shit cause it's what the admin wants.

But out of the public eye winning better be priority 1 2 and 3.

you assholes realize that burying the post is not the same as some kind of counterargument. The fact is that the UW is NOT an elite school. Some/certain departments are hard to get in to, like engineering, but that is mostly due to lack of funds. The engineering school is on par with the most peer schools. If you say the UW is elite then you might as well call a whole lot of its peers elite, which means it is not elite, only average.
    actually I would say engineering is above average, not elite though. Better than WSU.
    dnc said:

actually I would say engineering is above average, not elite though. Better than WSU.

We can't all be Eastern
    not a counterargument
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,568 Founders Club

you assholes realize that burying the post is not the same as some kind of counterargument. The fact is that the UW is NOT an elite school. Some/certain departments are hard to get in to, like engineering, but that is mostly due to lack of funds. The engineering school is on par with the most peer schools. If you say the UW is elite then you might as well call a whole lot of its peers elite, which means it is not elite, only average.
    It's not Stanfraud, an Ivy, or a "public Ivy," but it's a good school. It's better than Central. ;)

It's not Stanfraud, an Ivy, or a "public Ivy," but it's a good school. It's better than Central. ;)
    possibly not in music and business