Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to "Jamie from Seattle"

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,773 Founders Club
Solid call last Friday with Danny, Dave and Moore.

Comments

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    I just dug it up, I was hoping for something more compelling
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Summary? Cliffs?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,101 Founders Club

Can't flag. Moderator. Secret Doog Mole.

What the fuck? I was just getting used to your other profile picture and you go and change it. I shouldn't be too mad, you at least changed to a classy photo.
    Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Summary? Cliffs?

He said something like about how the minor backlash against Russell Wilson is due to the fact that he has portrayed himself in a certain way with the Go Hawks! after every interview and going to Seattle Children's every Tuesday. The media has also portrayed him in this way. So when he becomes a tough businessman negotiating the best deal he can get, it shocks people because it doesn't fit the persona they've been sold.
    How I read this. Seattle likes the black man when he is being nice and cheerful, but when he decides is doesn't want to be on the back of the flatbed anymore, they hate him. But raising flags for gays is cool, as long as they aren't black gays who demand equal pay for equal work. I hate Seattle and am calling Al Sharpton to sort all this shit out.
    No, I don't think this at all. Russell is wants to be paid as the highest QB in the league. 22 million isn't enough for him. If he were to take a paltry 15-18 million a year, he would cement himself as legend for taking less to sign other players. Russell could run Seattle and really be the only athlete in this situation to make this choice. It would be a world wide story and his personal image is extremely important to him. Plus his second contract will be worth even more.

His repeated beliefs, of faith, team first, and winning only matters doesn't translate with supposedly not taking a deal that doesn't make him making more than Aaron Rogers.

If you remember when this discussion began to pop up majority of people were saying he would take a home town discount to continue the ability to win. Now how was that belief conjured up??? Russell's social media and media behavior. Why would people think Russell is different in his thinking when it comes to money and getting paid?

Russell has every right to become the highest paid player, why shouldn't he be? The only point being his unwillingness to find ground in this deal surprises people. Once he signs it won't matter.

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    didn't Tom Brady take less money so the Pats could sign a better team...yet the Pats actually continued to sign scrubs for a while there?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    jecornel said:

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Summary? Cliffs?

He said something like about how the minor backlash against Russell Wilson is due to the fact that he has portrayed himself in a certain way with the Go Hawks! after every interview and going to Seattle Children's every Tuesday. The media has also portrayed him in this way. So when he becomes a tough businessman negotiating the best deal he can get, it shocks people because it doesn't fit the persona they've been sold.
    How I read this. Seattle likes the black man when he is being nice and cheerful, but when he decides is doesn't want to be on the back of the flatbed anymore, they hate him. But raising flags for gays is cool, as long as they aren't black gays who demand equal pay for equal work. I hate Seattle and am calling Al Sharpton to sort all this shit out.
    No, I don't think this at all. Russell is wants to be paid as the highest QB in the league. 22 million isn't enough for him. If he were to take a paltry 15-18 million a year, he would cement himself as legend for taking less to sign other players. Russell could run Seattle and really be the only athlete in this situation to make this choice. It would be a world wide story and his personal image is extremely important to him. Plus his second contract will be worth even more.

His repeated beliefs, of faith, team first, and winning only matters doesn't translate with supposedly not taking a deal that doesn't make him making more than Aaron Rogers.

If you remember when this discussion began to pop up majority of people were saying he would take a home town discount to continue the ability to win. Now how was that belief conjured up??? Russell's social media and media behavior. Why would people think Russell is different in his thinking when it comes to money and getting paid?

Russell has every right to become the highest paid player, why shouldn't he be? The only point being his unwillingness to find ground in this deal surprises people. Once he signs it won't matter.

Go flush the sand out of your vag already.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,375 Swaye's Wigwam
    Russell will quit the Hawks...it's what he does.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,374 Founders Club
    I haven't pulled off a whoosh in a long time. It feels good. Damn good.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,326
    jecornel said:

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Summary? Cliffs?

He already has his ring, now he wants his money. I can't blame the guy.

Seattle should be kissing his ass. They don't get past SF two years ago without him. He is a big part of Seattle finally having a winning franchise since the Mariners juiced themselves to 2-3 years of semi relevance.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    jecornel said:

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Summary? Cliffs?

I liked your post jecornel. Others are just being mean.
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623

Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

Summary? Cliffs?

Typical guilty white Seattle liberals.

Also, no racist crap.
    @CollegeDoog, TRUE??!!
    Meek said:

didn't Tom Brady take less money so the Pats could sign a better team...yet the Pats actually continued to sign scrubs for a while there?

Patriots are a rare exception, its not the norm.

I have no issues with Russell wanting or being the highest paid QB.

I'm just explaining some of the backlash.

If he wants to share an image to the public through social media that's his choice.

The hawks apparently see situation differently.

Mark Rogers seems to be wanting to make a public name for himself.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    Wilson will be the highest paid player until next season when the salary cap goes up again and someone else becomes the highest paid player. 5 years from now the contract will look like a bargain like usual.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Wilson will be the highest paid player until next season when the salary cap goes up again and someone else becomes the highest paid player. 5 years from now the contract will look like a bargain like usual.

This. A couple years ago the same thing happened with Flacco. Now it's not a big deal.