Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Armani Rogers

I was just looking at the list of players with a Washington offer and he popped up, which I think happened in the last week or so:

sports.yahoo.com/washington/football/recruiting/player-Armani-Rogers-157892

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We have offers to both Cal commits now. I bet we get one of them.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

There's literally no one behind Goff at Cal. If he leaves for NFL (possible), one of those two guys will be starting as a true Frosh in Berkeley. Im not sure they'll flip their committment somewhere else to get behind players with more seniority.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2015

There's literally no one behind Goff at Cal. If he leaves for NFL (possible), one of those two guys will be starting as a true Frosh in Berkeley. Im not sure they'll flip their committment somewhere else to get behind players with more seniority.
    True freshman qb's can't start in this league, at least that's what they tell me. I love his 6'5" height, he could make a great transition to WR if Browning is any good

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Doubtful. Cal has the normal amount of backup QB wild cards. RsFR Chase Forrest and FR Ross Bowers. Now neither of them were highly recruited- but its Cal for fucks sake. And Gilliam and Rogers aren't exactly Skinny Eason either.

Not to mention that Rubenzer played a fair amount as a true frosh and is switching to Safety just to get PT. If Goff left after this year and none of the young guys took an immediate stranglehold on the job you can bet he would throw his hat in the ring.

No way both these guys sign with Cal especially since each has better offers.

2016 Depth Chart
    Goff- Senior
    Forrest- Soph
    Bowers- RFr
    Gilliam or Rogers- Fr

OR

Rubenzer- Junior
    Forrest- Soph
    Bowers- RFr
    Gilliam or Rogers- Fr
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2015

Doubtful. Cal has the normal amount of backup QB wild cards. RsFR Chase Forrest and FR Ross Bowers. Now neither of them were highly recruited- but its Cal for fucks sake. And Gilliam and Rogers aren't exactly Skinny Eason either.

Not to mention that Rubenzer played a fair amount as a true frosh and is switching to Safety just to get PT. If Goff left after this year and none of the young guys took an immediate stranglehold on the job you can bet he would throw his hat in the ring.

2016 Depth Chart
    Goff- Senior
    Forrest- Soph
    Bowers- RFr
    Gilliam or Rogers- Fr

OR

Rubenzer- Junior
    Forrest- Soph
    Bowers- RFr
    Gilliam or Rogers- Fr
    Rubenzer is a safety.

Forrest is a walk-on level player, he's irrelevant. So it's Bowers, Gilliam, Rogers competing for an open starting job as true Frosh possibly at Cal. Or Rogers getting scared of those two and instead going to another p12 school to sit behind higher rated and older QBs.

I don't think it's a slam dunk either of those guys flip somewhere else. UCLA took a run at both these players a few months ago and pretty quickly moved on to other targets. They both see early starting time at Cal.

• Options

2016 Depth Chart
    Goff- Senior
    Forrest- Soph
    Bowers- RFr
    Gilliam or Rogers- Fr

OR

Rubenzer- Junior
    Forrest- Soph
    Bowers- RFr
    Gilliam or Rogers- Fr
    Rubenzer is a safety.

Forrest is a walk-on level player, he's irrelevant. So it's Bowers, Gilliam, Rogers competing for an open starting job as true Frosh possibly at Cal. Or Rogers getting scared of those two and instead going to another p12 school to sit behind higher rated and older QBs.

I don't think it's a slam dunk either of those guys flip somewhere else. UCLA took a run at both these players a few months ago and pretty quickly moved on to other targets. They both see early starting time at Cal.

Rubenzer was recruited as QB, played QB as a true freshman, and would be back at QB in a second flat in the scenario you propose of the job coming open next spring.

Forrest being a "walk-on level" player would be news to Sonny- you might want to tell him he is wasting a schollie.

If you really want to rationalize your Broons not being able to steal a Cal commit then tell yourself it is because of Josh Rosen.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No hyphens, good arm, moves pretty well. He's no Skinny, but he looks pretty good to me.

I can't believe we blew it with Skinny.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    Standard Supporter
    I hope we get one of Cal's QB commits to keep the rebuilding of U-Dub's QB depth going. After the 2013 season, 3 QBs have left (Price for NFL dreams, Miles to "retirement", and Troy Williams transferred in search of a better fit).

I think I prefer Rogers because his offer sheet is better and he's 6'4" to 6'5" so he could move to WR if he doesn't develop as a QB.

• Options
    I feel pretty confident about landing him for no real reason whatsoever.

This feeling was only strengthened when I saw that Mr. 81% is taking a skeptical position.
  • Options
    Scouting Report from that Pacific Takes guy that must do nothing but TBS all day: http://www.pacifictakes.com/2015/2/23/8090191/cal-football-armani-rogers-recruiting-scouting-report-quarterback?_ga=1.99860830.1781861740.1435777208

Previously Mr. U singled out Baccellia, Pounds, Scrempos, Turner, and Trey Adams as underrated and said he likes UW's 2015 class the most in the Pac after the USC/UCLA/Oregon tier. So either he really likes CP or we are doing something right. Either way...