Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Story time with Uncle Race

2»

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Comprehensive list of greatest teams to never win a title:

01 Mariners
    96 Sonics
    14 Seahawks
    94 Sonics
    84 Huskies
    78 Sonics
    90 Huskies
    60 Huskies*
    05 Seahawks
    95 Mariners

Fuck Seattle. Fuck Washington. Fuck You. Fuck Me. Fuck Everybody.

*Hi Tawdy!
    Down vote for including 1960 Huskies, who won the natty. I don't care if Todd TurnerFS started that movement. If Alabama can claim 50 questionable past titles, we definitely can claim 1960. The reasoning at the time was fucking stupid.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,629
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Race, queef something out that twat of yours...
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The Warrior win brings back memories of the mid 70's NBA which was a lot better than people think. Just because it was on tape delay and near death doesn't mean it wasn't good. I was a big fan. I grew up watching Russell on the NBA game of the week. After that dynasty the Knicks won a couple and the the Lakers finally won one.

Boston came back with a new lineup and won and Kareem got his first as a Milwaukee Buck. You could probably stump the band with that one among the youth of America today. Oscar Robertson was his point guard.

The Sonics were born in 1967 and were just starting to make the playoffs when the Warriors were on the rise. We got to watch a lot of Rick Barry in playoff series. He is way under rated. A truly great player. Got beer poured on his head walking off the court after a playoff game at the Coliseum.

So the Warriors swept the Bullets to win the title. Then the merger and the Sixers formed the first super team by getting the Doctor and George McGinnis to go along with Doug Collins and Bobby Jones.

The Blazers snuck up on folks with Walton as they gelled later in the year. They were underdogs in the Finals. But when Lucas fought Dawkins the series turned and the Blazers won in 6. The next year they were on pace for 75 wins when Walton's foot gave out for the first time. That was the greatest team you never saw. Pure enjoyment to watch. They rushed Bill back for the playoffs against the Sonics which soured Walton on Portland for good. The Blazers are now on the 40 year clock.

The Sixers promised their fans a title but the Bullets won the East and beat the Sonics. The East also had George Gervin and the Spurs from the ABA. I wanted to see either the Spurs or the Sixers in the Finals but we kept getting the Bullets.

It was actually Dr. J that saved the NBA not Magic and Bird. It was the Sixers who were the first opponent for Magic in the Finals. Then the 80's and Stern and the rest is well documented history.

Random Thought

The 72 win Bulls were criticized for losing two games to the Sonics after going up 3-0. How can they be the greatest team of all time???!!!!

The Sonics had Kemp and Peyton at the height of their powers and were a 60 win team.

Keep that in mind when the Grantland analytic douche bags start spouting numbers about how the Warriors are an all time great team.

They aren't. Maybe someday but you need more than one. We just saw a team go to 4 straight Finals and win 2 and they get little respect.

Fuck off

70's NBA was awesome because the players were all hopped up on coke and beat the fuck out of each other with regularity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e3C-LQWF2s

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The Warrior win brings back memories of the mid 70's NBA which was a lot better than people think. Just because it was on tape delay and near death doesn't mean it wasn't good. I was a big fan. I grew up watching Russell on the NBA game of the week. After that dynasty the Knicks won a couple and the the Lakers finally won one.

Boston came back with a new lineup and won and Kareem got his first as a Milwaukee Buck. You could probably stump the band with that one among the youth of America today. Oscar Robertson was his point guard.

The Sonics were born in 1967 and were just starting to make the playoffs when the Warriors were on the rise. We got to watch a lot of Rick Barry in playoff series. He is way under rated. A truly great player. Got beer poured on his head walking off the court after a playoff game at the Coliseum.

So the Warriors swept the Bullets to win the title. Then the merger and the Sixers formed the first super team by getting the Doctor and George McGinnis to go along with Doug Collins and Bobby Jones.

The Blazers snuck up on folks with Walton as they gelled later in the year. They were underdogs in the Finals. But when Lucas fought Dawkins the series turned and the Blazers won in 6. The next year they were on pace for 75 wins when Walton's foot gave out for the first time. That was the greatest team you never saw. Pure enjoyment to watch. They rushed Bill back for the playoffs against the Sonics which soured Walton on Portland for good. The Blazers are now on the 40 year clock.

The Sixers promised their fans a title but the Bullets won the East and beat the Sonics. The East also had George Gervin and the Spurs from the ABA. I wanted to see either the Spurs or the Sixers in the Finals but we kept getting the Bullets.

It was actually Dr. J that saved the NBA not Magic and Bird. It was the Sixers who were the first opponent for Magic in the Finals. Then the 80's and Stern and the rest is well documented history.

Random Thought

The 72 win Bulls were criticized for losing two games to the Sonics after going up 3-0. How can they be the greatest team of all time???!!!!

The Sonics had Kemp and Peyton at the height of their powers and were a 60 win team.

Keep that in mind when the Grantland analytic douche bags start spouting numbers about how the Warriors are an all time great team.

They aren't. Maybe someday but you need more than one. We just saw a team go to 4 straight Finals and win 2 and they get little respect.

Fuck off

70's NBA was awesome because the players were all hopped up on coke and beat the fuck out of each other with regularity.

Stop plagiarizing my shit fucko
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Random Thought

Fuck off

Stop plagiarizing my shit fucko
    Can I still finger roll?

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The Iceman finger rolling over Bill Hanzlik is always approved in my book ... although I would have preferred to be able to see what kind of hair Artis Gilmore was rocking behind Hanzlik.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

The Iceman finger rolling over Bill Hanzlik is always approved in my book ... although I would have preferred to be able to see what kind of hair Artis Gilmore was rocking behind Hanzlik.

All of it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some are seriously overrating the 96 Sonics. They were a good team, nothing special. That's especially true when you add in the playoff failures in other years. Golden State is easily better.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some are seriously overrating the 96 Sonics. They were a good team, nothing special. That's especially true when you add in the playoff failures in other years. Golden State is easily better.

I might be a supersoog, but that Sonics team was legit and balanced and had the horses to keep up.

Against the small ball lineup you take earvin Johnson out, put Perkins and Kemp at 4-5. I take detlef over barnes and iguadala, Kemp kills green, and Payton in that season would have fucked curry more than deledova. Also Klay turning into a complete bitch has me question taking Hersey Hawkins over him too. The depth of GS could eventually wear them down, but a much better team than LeBron and the midgets would have put it to 7.

Payton talking non stop shit to Curry tightens my sweatpants.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I still have the poster