Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Chico McClatcher

Comments

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

1995 against Oregon UW misses a chip shot field goal to apparently lose. Ink levels some hapless duck causing a fumble to get the ball back.

Lambo sits on the ball to play for the field goal again. Which is missed again.

Plays from ahead to tie USC to blow the Rose Bowl. Had we beat Oregon, nothing else would have mattered.

But how was Lambo a shitty coach?

That's why I never bought into the narrative that he could have won the Rose Bowl when Rick did regardless of whether it was his players or not

Completely agree.

That season was absolutely fucking miserable to sit through.

I just remember Walter Bailley "saving" the tie against USC on a last second lob to the corner of the endzone.

Then the doogs rejoiced and chanted "Lambo - Lambo" at his kick ass presser for tying for the Pac 10 and losing out on the Rose Bowl.

And HOW MANY field goals did we miss against Oregon? 5?

Fuck!!!!!!
    Chico Fraley

Andre Dessasure - best AC smack aside from DJ (not that DJ) (ILTCBDJTWILTD)
    Seako Wiggs

Warren Moon
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    CaptainPJ said:

Seako Wiggs

Warren Moon

*Sekou

Walter Bailey graduated in '92

HTH

Thank you. I was at the USC-UW sister kiss (it was the last game I attended before my family moved) and I was super confused by the Bailey comment. He started in 91 so he couldn't have still had eligibility in 95.
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805
    I just call it the Keyshawn game.

I just call it the Keyshawn game.

Either the Keyshawn game or the Lambo gonna Lambo game. But that is obviously not specific enough.

• seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805
    There's a lot of abundance in Lambo gonna Lambo
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Felix Sweetman
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    dnc said:

AZDuck said:

How does Joe Jarszynka get no love from you honkies

*Jarzynka
    you think an actual duck knows how to spell honky husky names?

• digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,473
    Sonny Sixkiller, Spider Gaines, Lincoln Kennedy, Beno Bryant, Olin Kreutz...
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    CaptainPJ said:

1995 against Oregon UW misses a chip shot field goal to apparently lose. Ink levels some hapless duck causing a fumble to get the ball back.

Plays from ahead to tie USC to blow the Rose Bowl. Had we beat Oregon, nothing else would have mattered.

That's why I never bought into the narrative that he could have won the Rose Bowl when Rick did regardless of whether it was his players or not

Completely agree.

I just remember Walter Bailley "saving" the tie against USC on a last second lob to the corner of the endzone.

Then the doogs rejoiced and chanted "Lambo - Lambo" at his kick ass presser for tying for the Pac 10 and losing out on the Rose Bowl.

Fuck!!!!!!
    For 1995, don't forget the stunning 29-21 loss to Notre Dame in front of a sellout Husky Stadium crowd and a national television audience. Particularly painful as an ol' boy I grew up with was playing for the Irish

"In the final 2:46, after they had masterfully accumulated a 21-14 lead, the Huskies: had their punter tackled on fourth down, entirely ignored an All-American receiver on a two-point conversion, threw an interception that was returned 76 yards for a touchdown, and lost a fumble on a kickoff"

LAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptainPJ said:

Completely agree.

Fuck!!!!!!
    For 1995, don't forget the stunning 29-21 loss to Notre Dame in front of a sellout Husky Stadium crowd and a national television audience. Particularly painful as an ol' boy I grew up with was playing for the Irish

"In the final 2:46, after they had masterfully accumulated a 21-14 lead, the Huskies: had their punter tackled on fourth down, entirely ignored an All-American receiver on a two-point conversion, threw an interception that was returned 76 yards for a touchdown, and lost a fumble on a kickoff"

LAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IIRC wasn't that game the same day as The Double? I remember hitting serious lows and a major high due to sports that day.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Leroy Lutu

Toalei Mulitauaopele

Reggie Rogers
  • HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    Ossai, Ossai, Ossai !!!!!!