Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

New Husky Fan Podcast Episode

13»

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,702 Founders Club
    Not my fault that Chip can't say no to McRib sandwiches...
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

AZDuck said:

One of my favorite stories involved a booster I used to know who was prominent for several decades. He loved UW and passionately wanted a winning football team. He's in his 80s now. For the sake of discussion we'll call him Richard.

When Don James arrived at Washington in 1975, Richard scheduled a lunch with him. They met at a restaurant, talked for a few minutes, and then Richard handed James a notebook that talked about how Washington recruited historically and the system for James to follow.

Don James reportedly thumbed through it, smiled, and then said, "You know what, I've got a better plan. Why don't I worry about coaching the team and you enjoy watching us from the grandstands on game day."

One of my favorite things about Chip Kelly was that he had no relationship whatsoever with the alumni.

Wins > Warmfuzzies
    That's actually not completely true. Chip went surfing several times with a Duck alumnus friend of mine when in SoCal.
    So your Duck alumnus friend is gay?
  • drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    The whole we r stuck with him for a few years thing is a mediorcroty attitude. The Seahawks dumped mora after 1 year. A few years later they won a title. No coach should be untouchable for the first few years. If you can upgrade then fucking upgrade. Just make sure you are upgrading.