Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Conroy

I'm on the fence about the conroy hire. The hire itself is good for the program and I'm not worried about his status of "never being a coach". He's been a PG his entire life and coached more offense at UW than romar ever has. That being said, is he in a Tui situation where as he's damaged goods if romar is shown the door next year? I'd really like him to stay on a staff locally and wonder if he was hired one year too early?

Comments

• Options
    NeedleInTheSky88NeedleInTheSky88 Member Posts: 96
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Mixed feelings on the Conroy hire as well. He should help a lot with the local recruiting. He was one of my favorite Huskies.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm confident, not cocky when it comes to Coach Conroy
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't have an opinion on Conroy. He's the last assistant on the bench and probably wouldn't be hired for this kind of job anywhere but UW.

Tui is doing fine in coaching too. I'm not sure how he is damaged goods.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know and talk more about college football than any bitch here. Fact check before spouting a giner ejac
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Conroy should bring some much-needed energy to the funeral home that is UW's coaching staff and will probably help the players with hiding their weed from the older coaches and stuff. I'm not sure how connected he actually is to local coaches and players. I read somewhere that he made a complete ass of himself at last year's state tournament (as a spectator) and pissed off a lot of people. As someone mentioned, I'm not sure how much actual coaching he will be doing. To me this is more mentor Romar trying to help a young man get into coaching than helping the team. There are more important things than winning after all.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Will be great to see him roaming the sidelines
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don't have an opinion on Conroy. He's the last assistant on the bench and probably wouldn't be hired for this kind of job anywhere but UW.

Tui is doing fine in coaching too. I'm not sure how he is damaged goods.

I meant that when Pete came in he wanted no part of a lingering staff. Granted, sark was a dipshit and for romars faults he isn't in that category so maybe He would be able to stick around
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2015

Conroy should bring some much-needed energy to the funeral home that is UW's coaching staff and will probably help the players with hiding their weed from the older coaches and stuff. I'm not sure how connected he actually is to local coaches and players. I read somewhere that he made a complete ass of himself at last year's state tournament (as a spectator) and pissed off a lot of people. As someone mentioned, I'm not sure how much actual coaching he will be doing. To me this is more mentor Romar trying to help a young man get into coaching than helping the team. There are more important things than winning after all.

As Woody has made perfectly clear over the past few years, winning is certainly not a top priority when it comes to UW basketball. Molding young men, integrity, ethics.....those things are clearly more important.