Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSIO

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
I may look silly come October but I highly doubt it. This team can't hit, and the pitching isn't good enough with 2 injuries to come even close to making up for it.
80-84 win team, whoopefuckingdoo.
The only reason I say 80+ is it will give the Mariners an excuse to give Jack Z another fucking contract extension. The frustrating part is if they canned jack z in 2013 when they should have with the money they have spent a good GM would've done some decent things probably. On the other hand it's the mariners so they probably would've hired someone even worse. If that's even possible.

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Welcome to March.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

I may look silly come October but I highly doubt it. This team can't hit, and the pitching isn't good enough with 2 injuries to come even close to making up for it.
    The only reason I say 80+ is it will give the Mariners an excuse to give Jack Z another fucking contract extension. The frustrating part is if they canned jack z in 2013 when they should have with the money they have spent a good GM would've done some decent things probably. On the other hand it's the mariners so they probably would've hired someone even worse. If that's even possible.

Jack Z is a poor GM and should have been D.A.O. long ago, but with #ChuckStrong doing the hiring, it's definitely possible to be worse.

• Options

Welcome to March.

FO, Boobs

why do you always have to be right?
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

I would say the worst thing they could do at this point is trade the farm for "win now" players, but with their track record of developing prospects who the fuck really cares? Kill it with fire and start all over again.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

Welcome to March.

FO, Boobs

Boobs' Doctrine: if the sports team has "Seattle" or "University of Washington" in front, then TSIO. For infinity. HRYK.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Welcome to March.

FO, Boobs

Boobs' Doctrine: if the sports team has "Seattle" or "University of Washington" in front, then TSIO. For infinity. HRYK.
    Exceptions:

Seahawks
    Men's Rowing
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Seahawks are a very recent exception. One more goal line pass and they're back on the shit list
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Welcome to March.

FO, Boobs

Exceptions:

Seahawks
    Men's Rowing
    Winner's win.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Welcome to March.

FO, Boobs

Exceptions:

Seahawks
    Men's Rowing
    Winner's win.
    *winners
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    World Series or GTFO

Loser Seattle fans will lap up 87 wins and a play-in game loss.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

.600 ball the rest of the way is 93 wins ... Very realistic

Im just not seeing that. The starting pitching is not good enough, and the bullpen sucks, partly because its shorthanded Because we feel the need to carry Ackley, Weeks and Bloomquist. It really is just a poorly constructed team at the moment.
  • Options
    BayDawg said:

.600 ball the rest of the way is 93 wins ... Very realistic

Im just not seeing that. The starting pitching is not good enough, and the bullpen sucks, partly because its shorthanded Because we feel the need to carry Ackley, Weeks and Bloomquist. It really is just a poorly constructed team at the moment.
    whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh:

http://forum.hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/304000#Comment_304000
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I predicted 70 wins. This season had Cliff Lee 2010 written all over it.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Jack Z is a poor GM and should have been D.A.O. long ago, but with #ChuckStrong doing the hiring, it's definitely possible to be worse.

Is Chuck Strong, Reed Strong's brother?
  • Options

well they aren't that bad. But they aren't any better than mediocre.
    What a trade to acquire Mark Trumbo! As if we didn't already have enough guys who can't get on base, play shitty defense, and hit a few homers. Jack Z is just a joke
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dhdawg said:

well they aren't that bad. But they aren't any better than mediocre.
    What a trade to acquire Mark Trumbo! As if we didn't already have enough guys who can't get on base, play shitty defense, and hit a few homers. Jack Z is just a joke
    I totallt agree, but you left out strike out alot.

The fucking strikeoutsq are at levels that just dont allow them to score any runs. I know all these metrics now say strikeouts arent as big of a deal as people Use to think. Bullshit. You cant strikeout in double figures every night and have any type of sustained offense. You just fucking cant.
  • Options
    Founders Club

70 still seems low, but you may be very close. I think I said 87 or 88 on Fagbook, but with the caveat that it could easily drop ten games with an injury...or even without one.

I can still remember my overly optimistic Doog friend questioning why I got so mad in April 2010. I was right though (as usual :)).
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,577
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At this point last year, the KC Royals lost their 31st game and were 2nd to last in the AL central. They went on to claim the Wild Card and were 1 game away from a World Series title. Essentially with a bunch of unproven nobodies. I'm not comparing teams... I'm just saying. ‪#‎truetotheblue‬ ‪#‎GoMs‬
  • Options
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

At this point last year, the KC Royals lost their 31st game and were 2nd to last in the AL central. They went on to claim the Wild Card and were 1 game away from a World Series title. Essentially with a bunch of unproven nobodies. I'm not comparing teams... I'm just saying. ‪#‎truetotheblue‬ ‪#‎GoMs‬

So now you're a fan...or..believer?