Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fill Bleenar's 3 reasons for Husky bball "slipplage"

And no, this is not a joke...

1. Weaker local talent pool
2. NCAA new handcheck rule
3. Sean Miller ( ok maybe a bit of a stretch here)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Why does Bleens hate the shoe game??????
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bleenor made Aubbie and Ladyhawks look smart in that thread.

Just for kicks, here are the easy defenses to Bleenor's post. The weaker local talent is a reason, but it's still an excuse. Identify, recruit, and develop other players. Basketball is a global game.

Lol at the hand check rule. I don't know where to begin with that one.

Sean Miller - Romar had some good seasons when Howland was cleaning up in recruiting at UCLA. Lute Olsen had some good teams in the early Romar years as well. Stanford was better. The conference hasn't been very good for quite a few years.

In another post in the same thread, Bleenor said people are delusional about Husky Football too. He said the football team isn't good and that the recruiting and talent hasn't been up to par. Yet he sucked Sark off and continues to do so. A bit of a contradiction there by Spleenor?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Some of you need to review the script ...

Seven recruited plenty of good players but they simply aren't being developed or utilized correctly by Petersen and his staff ... just look at how many players were picked in the first 45 picks in the draft and look at how many players Seven brought in.

Butler Cabin has SEVERE confirmation bias tied to how great Seven was as a coach (i.e. gave great access) and then searches out any and every piece of information that feeds into that perception while blowing off any and all evidence that suggests that Seven really was more of a fraud than not.

The easy way to see this is how the standard talking points was that Seven inherited no talent from Tyrone even though almost every single player on Seven's first 2-3 teams worth a shit were all guys that came in from Tyrone's last 1-2 classes ... but when that is brought up, it's all about how much player development that they had under Seven (even though the amount of player development was a laughing point as players rarely improved year to year). Now, it's all about how Seven brought in significant talent and Petersen isn't developing them because it fits the script.

Until Petersen a) wins, b) wins with his players, and c) Seven unquestionably falls on his face at SC with the same script that he used on Montlake, the narrative and talking points about how great Seven was will continue.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gonzaga is still laughing at this thread of excuses.
  • Options
    NeedleInTheSky88NeedleInTheSky88 Member Posts: 96
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    I agree with #1, the others seem like piss poor excuses.
  • Options

Someone someday will realize this is one of the most doogiest of excuses in history. Coaches can look around their area for years in advance and realize that there isn't a huge talent pool available in Year X, Y and Z. As a coach who's paid millions of dollars and has this super recruiter from Nike, shouldn't we expect to scour the other parts of the 49 states or overseas and get talent?

I could sit here and list 40 schools who are successful without talent oozing from a 15 mile radius. One very close to home, GU, is mentioned above. Odd, during all these "down" years, GU still seems to find talent.

Having a great depth of talent certainly makes life easier, but no coach should get the crutch of no local talent when you're paid millions of dollars a year. Can you imagine telling your boss that your sales just are going to flatline for a couple years because there isn't as much around? Yeah right. Pink slip.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It's a damn shame coaches aren't allowed to recruit out of their own state.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

But how is Romar mailing it in and just collecting his paycheck?
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

But how is Romar mailing it in and just collecting his paycheck?
    I've never considered it before, but maybe romar didn't get the memo on creating a wall around the state of washington? Maybe he thought that meant never stepping foot outside the Puget Sound to recruit?
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So much fucking abundance