Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shaquan "it's not a matter of if, but when" Aaron

Romar's renewed focus on bringing in guys from local high schools is paying off big time.

The 5* former Rainier Beach player who is leaving Louisville picked USC. He became the third local 2016-eligible player to show his admiration for what Romar is building following 4* Rainier Beach player Keith Smith (committed to Oregon over UW) and 4* Jaqori McLaughlin (decommitted from UW)

Despite these setbacks, I'm hearing all the program is firing on all cylinders for several reasons

1) Bumper crop of players in 2017 and they all love Romar
2) Aaron and Smith were both headcases who needed to get out of Seattle. Romar is in on better guys anyways and there wouldn't be room for them.
3) Will Conroy will be made an assistant coach once he finishes off his bachelor's degree (didn't he already go to college for 4 years?) and he will lock down the local recruits
5) Nate and IT gave Nigel Williams Goss a real talking to at an open gym session (#Woof)
6) ????????
7) Profit

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2015
    Jaylen Nowell and Daejon Davis will be two interesting players to watch the recruitment of. Both are from Seattle and will be 5*/ high 4* national recruits. The doogman people swear up and down that they are heavy leans UW leans/ virtual locks to UW. Like with the Jabari Bird/ Jabari Parker/ Aaron Gordan situation, they have known Romar forever. If the team doesn't surprise this year, they sound like perfect candidates to put Romar in the friendzone.

Here's an old picture I found of Romar helping Aaron Gordon out at the airport while Sean Miller hails a cab.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Regarding Aaron: But what about all the times @ThomasFremont is right?

All I can say is that he was going to UW. And then he wasn't.

Not sure what changed. I'd ask around, but at this point I don't care.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Jaylen Nowell and Daejon Davis will be two interesting players to watch the recruitment of. Both are from Seattle and will be 5*/ high 4* national recruits. The doogman people swear up and down that they are heavy leans UW leans/ virtual locks to UW. Like with the Jabari Bird/ Jabari Parker/ Aaron Gordan situation, they have known Romar forever. If the team doesn't surprise this year, they sound like perfect candidates to put Romar in the friendzone.

Here's an old picture I found of Romar helping Aaron Gordon out at the airport while Sean Miller hails a cab.

At this point, this will probably hurt their recruitment more than help it.
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

After all, if you reported everything you were hearing, your inbox would be overflowing. I don't want to see your inbox
    It's just full of Spooge PMs and lemon drops.
  • Options
    dnc said:

We don't pay you to be perfect, we pay you for information. Thank you for giving us the information you had. You are courageous.
    I'd rather be FIRST!!1! than right anyways.
  • Options

Things change in recruiting. Oregon State was the favorite as of yesterday. If you can't take the ups and downs than you shouldn't follow it.
    Teenagers change their minds...it's the nature of the game.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This is so depressing

• Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    edited May 2015

Remember when these guys were named Norvel Pelle and Angelo Chol? Same bullshit, different year.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,920
    Standard Supporter
    TTJ said:

Remember when these guys were named Norvel Pelle and Angelo Chol? Same bullshit, different year.
    Yes. I also remember when they were named Kyle Singler and Jrue Holiday (well, at least we got his useless brother)
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

TTJ said:

Yes. I also remember when they were named Kyle Singler and Jrue Holiday (well, at least we got his useless brother)
    Downvoted for calling a guy who started for two NCAA teams useless

• Options
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

He's also about to win a ring.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2015
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

To be fair, Justin Holliday's offense really started to hurt the team late in his senior year. He got a concussion and then couldn't hit a jumper after showing off a much improved shot all season. His defense alone made him better than useless, but he was a liability late his senior year.

He was a pretty good player though and anyone who can play in the NBA is far from useless.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

TTJ said:

The third Holiday Brother, Aaron, is about to join UCLA next year. He looks good, better than Justin not as good as Jrue.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

TTJ said:

He's also about to win a ring.
    #RaceBaiter
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

To be fair, it's also about conference titles. Not about meaningless tournament in march.