Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

'Deflategate' appeal could test powers of NFL commissioner

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    i wouldn't test him,
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited May 2015
    Brady/Pats vs the NFL is the real life Oregon vs Al Qaeda matchup doogs have talking about since foosball was invented.

Who you rooting for?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2015
    dnc said:

Brady/Pats vs the NFL is the real life Oregon vs Al Qaeda matchup doogs have talking about since foosball was invented.

Who you rooting for?

Get em within 5 miles or so of each other and I'm rooting for Ivy Mike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcQX033V_M
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Hugh Millen was practically in tears after the NFL handed down the suspension and went on a 20 minute tirade where he tried to prove Brady's innocence by the type of air pump needle that was used. JohnClayton recently mocked the "air pump defense" people, BTW. For that reason alone, I am firmly on the side of the NFL on this one
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

Who you rooting for?

The Patriots did something that 3/4 of NFL Franchises would have done if they knew how to get away with it. If Brady would have said "Yeah, we took the air out. So what? Scoreboard baby" I'd be all for the Pats. But now that they have tried to cover it up, and have come up with lame excuse after lame excuse, I hope the NFL sticks to their guns.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Offensive linemen cheat... every play. Pre-meditated, too. They even practice how to do it.

#selectiveoutrage
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Kraft backs down and says he won't appeal. I wonder what else Roger had on the Pats for Kraft to go through with that.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Kraft backs down and says he won't appeal. I wonder what else Roger had on the Pats for Kraft to go through with that.

Could you imagine if Godell was president of the NCAA?
  • Options

Goodell is the worst commissioner in the history of American professional sports.

Still better than Mark Emmert!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Goodell is the worst commissioner in the history of American professional sports.

I

Goodell was the best of the four major commissioners two years ago. The NBA upgraded, MLB is TBD, and Bettman is still a fucking joke.
  • Options

dnc said:

I

Goodell was the best of the four major commissioners two years ago. The NBA upgraded, MLB is TBD, and Bettman is still a fucking joke.
    All of these statements are true. You just conveniently left out how Goodell's last 24 months have outed him as the only graduate of the Kim Grinolds CEO School.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I

All of these statements are true. You just conveniently left out how Goodell's last 24 months have outed him as the only graduate of the Kim Grinolds CEO School.

Goodell's two years of failure are still nothing compared to Selig and Bettman killing seasons.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Goodell is doing what he's paid well for
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2015
    Word is Kraft will try and talk with Brady and convince him to accept Goodell’s verdict after the appeal.
    Seriously there is a lot more to this story than whatever Goodell allowed the public to see in the Wells report. Kraft was going to go all out fighting the NFL, and then one meeting with Goodell causes him to fold like a bitch. I'm guessing Goodell showed him some evidence he had up his sleeve that Kraft didn't see coming. Goodell is a bad commissioner but I do like the way he played Kraft on this one. He made him look pathetic.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

I

Goodell's two years of failure are still nothing compared to Selig and Bettman killing seasons.
    Selig is the worst commissioner of the modern era. I don't know when the modern era started but it sounds good. He's a Milwaukee used car lot owner who was supposed to be interim, but ended up lasting 20 years. In that time hundreds of players juiced and made a joke of the game and record books, and now the game is way behind football in terms of popularity and TV money and ratings. Their new talent mostly consists of poor, raw Latin players, a few Asians, and white American assholes like Brice Harper. In this cuntry, it's become a niche sport of the privileged, and South people for the most part.

Goodell has bungled a few things and his integrity is pretty weak, but his overall tenure is still respectable.
    I do hate some Bud Selig.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,529
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No commissioner has anything on Sepp Blatter from FIFA. Get bribed and sanction slave labor and then pop off!
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

No commissioner has anything on Sepp Blatter from FIFA. Get bribed and sanction slave labor and then pop off!

NOGAFAS
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Goodell > Selig and Bettman.

I don't really give a shit about what Goodell did right or wrong with the Ray Rice case. A game or two suspension was basically the precedent before the domestic violence became the hot topic of the media the past year. He lied about seeing the tape, whatever. The whole thing was him trying to cover up to limit the heat on him.

Deflategate is another wgaf incident.