Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Amtrak Tragedy

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Stopped reading after the incredibly hypocritical first sentence.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I stopped after the title
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    So does that mean, or does that not mean, you agree with the 11 points in the article?

• Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    That accident was probably caused by operatives of the auto lobby that want the americans to remain big consumers of automobiles -- and never use mass transit.

But in spite of this accident, I bet train travel is still safer than auto travel.

Who cares if tax payers fund it. How much do we spend on the military? That is a much bigger fucking waste.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

If I like my train can I keep it?

It's more like the full blown AIDS. You're keeping it and paying for it whether you like it or not.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Other cuntries have high speed trains. As far as I know, their safety records are fine. It's evil government though, so right wing drones will hate it no matter what and cry evil government.

• Options
    Founders Club

Other cuntries have high speed trains. As far as I know, their safety records are fine. It's evil government though, so right wing drones will hate it no matter what and cry evil government.

Spain says hi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO74NUGaV_g
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I'd bet riding the train in Spain is still safer than driving in Spain.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2015
    Standard redistribution of income. If theze guys werent working for amtrac theyd either be on unemployment or theyd be working for lazy government sucking bridge builders or highway contructors and maintainers.

Rather Keep the economy churning with government subsidized jobs than just pay that money in welfare and unemployment with zero fiscal benefit . Sheesh

And whats not said is the government just approved massive reinvestment in rail infrustructure. Republicans might have had a say in that matter, but why use facts in todays left press
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Standard redistribution of income. If theze guys werent working for amtrac theyd either be on unemployment or theyd be working for lazy government sucking bridge builders or highway contructors and maintainers.

Rather Keep the economy churning with government subsidized jobs than just pay that money in welfare and unemployment with zero fiscal benefit . Sheesh

And whats not said is the government just approved massive reinvestment in rail infrustructure. Republicans might have had a say in that matter, but why use facts in todays left press

Says the unemployed twat.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Says the unemployed twat.
    But still.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Spain says hi

That doubles as a live shot of the Clippers bandwagon right now.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Spain says hi

Also works for the past 12 years or so of Husky Football.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

So... some people are too incompetent to work in the private sector? Sounds like it's a good thing we have those cushy gummit and gummit contractor jerbs for them then
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    AZDuck said:

So... some people are too incompetent to work in the private sector? Sounds like it's a good thing we have those cushy gummit and gummit contractor jerbs EBT cards, obamaphones, cable and subsidized rent for them then
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes

Spain says hi

Also works for the past 12 years or so of Husky Football.
    Must have been a young train.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    perhaps the train had trust issues?