Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

There is legitimate reason to be excited about the Husky defense

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

What does it say about our program in year five that we have a guy who was playing TE the last 3 years now starting on our DL along with a true frosh starting on our DL. Then another guy who hasn't played a snap in two years also starting on our DL.

It is astounding that a true freshman may waltz into a starting position on the DL.

I remember when doogman posters were making fun of this kid because he predicted he would start. I goes JoJo knew the roster (shocker) better than the doogman crew.
    I remember revisionist history bashing on Ty for starting true freshman on the DL in year four.

So what does that say in year five that we'll have a true freshman, converted TE and a guy who hasn't played in 2 years starting on our DL? #firesark #firepoolboy
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited August 2013

What does it say about our program in year five that we have a guy who was playing TE the last 3 years now starting on our DL along with a true frosh starting on our DL. Then another guy who hasn't played a snap in two years also starting on our DL.

It is astounding that a true freshman may waltz into a starting position on the DL.

I remember when doogman posters were making fun of this kid because he predicted he would start. I goes JoJo knew the roster (shocker) better than the doogman crew.
    I remember revisionist history bashing on Ty for starting true freshman on the DL in year four.

So what does that say in year five that we'll have a true freshman, converted TE and a guy who hasn't played in 2 years starting on our DL? #firesark #firepoolboy
    I can't believe that Evan Hudson could actually start on the D-line. Tosh Lupoi has gotta be asking himself: "What the fuck was going on before I got here?"

And I have no idea how Elijah Qualls and Marcus Farria will pan out. However, those two plus JoJo Mathis are the best trio of DLs we've recruited...again...in the past 5 years. We'll see if Andrew Basham makes it in. Sounds like his home life is for shit.
  • Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    One more thing about the defense. I'm reading in other posts how the defense improved in 2012. Well, that's true.

But here's the thing, in 2011 it was in the bottom 5% in all Div 1A. There are no adjectives strong enough to describe how bad we were. We improved to not very good. Take away the Stanford game, and we mostly sucked.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I see our defense being about the same as it was last year. Having a few games where they look really good, mostly mediocre, and of course some shit-the-bed performances.

But hey the D is better than Holt's D so it must be elite.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Mooser42 said:

Ive heard that next year will be a bumper crop for lineman on both sides of the ball, so ignoring them for the last 5 years isnt that big of a deal.

They really are saying that over at doogman because we have already offered 3 in state OL and a couple DL for 2015.

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

I'm frightened that a guy who has sat out 2 years with injury (Jamora/Kikane or whatever) has already leap-frogged Littleton,who last year leap-frogged our 1st round draft pick Josh Shirley for the rush end position. Why are we using this made-up position if we have no one who is any good at it? It's like playing with 10 guys on defense in exchange for 2 sacks a game</block

Jamora (Kikaha) was a sure fire all pac12 player had a he not got hurt you ignorant slut. Jesus, watch a game or two before you pop off. Littleton and Shirley aren't in same league as Jakikamora. He can cover, stop the run, get to the passer and play in space, unlike the other two put together.

In terms of Mathis, go watch practice before you spew out this nonsense
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Disagree.

The game film speaks volumes.

Yep. Everyone of us half wits have high school level football smarts. As you say, how can the Dud, aka Cream Puff not know this?

His fixation with wideouts is laughable. First of all, a team constructed as below doesn't need to field more that one than can catch the ball plus a couple of guys for depth. Bigger issue, he doesn't even recruit well at WR. We have a bakers dozen of these guys and one, maybe two or any good. That's as much about development as talent.

Kasen may not be fast, but this inability to create separation is a total failure in coaching. There have been plenty of good to great wideouts that weren't fast. They had good hands, ran perfect routes, created separation and were tough. Outside of the hands, the rest is practice and coaching.

The 1984 team would have one the championship in a BCS world. They didn't have anybody with Kasen's talent. The guys from 84 were coached to play to their absolute maximum potential and were better on the field at crunch time.

(Sorry about getting off the defensive topic.)

Swaye said:

The strategy for building a football team is simple. The keys are these:

1- Develop a fantastic offensive line.

The other number #1 - Develop a fantastic defensive line.

2- Get a good QB and develop him.

The rest is mostly icing on the cake, really. Toss in a decent tailback, a killer backer and a headhunter DB and you're Top 10 or close to it.

Simple formula, but tricky to execute. Our problem is Cream Puff is clueless about the formula. How can that be when he worked Carol?

Everyone knows this, and yet it has eluded Sark for 5 fucking years.

QB is the most important single position on the field. For position groups it goes OL as number 1, and DL a close second. Everything else is a distant third.

I am a fucking idiot and I know this. How the fuck does a guy getting paid over 2 million per to do this for living still need to figure it out?
    yawn Bowman. When nobody besides Kasen can get open, its hard for him to pack the load. When UW starts running the ball and using ASJ as a play-action TE, Kasen will be open every play. EVERYBODY knows Kasen is getting the ball on a bubble screen on EVERY 1st down or 2nd and long
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Can you elaborate? What nonsense?