Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tequilla's Pet Peeve of the Day ...

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
The corporate phrase "action item"

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,594 Swaye's Wigwam
    You don't have to implement all the McDonald's corporate jargon at the one you manage
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I'd be shocked if that phrase was used anywhere near a brick and mortar McDonald's.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    I don't mind when it is used every once in a while ... and particularly if it is used in a way of being more of a comedic relief.

What I hate is when seemingly everybody talks about what they have to do is that they have an action item for this and an action item for that like it's super important. We all have fucking work to do. We all have things to get done. I don't need to hear you describe something as a fucking action item to know that you have shit to get done.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Tequilla said:

I don't mind when it is used every once in a while ... and particularly if it is used in a way of being more of a comedic relief.

What I hate is when seemingly everybody talks about what they have to do is that they have an action item for this and an action item for that like it's super important. We all have fucking work to do. We all have things to get done. I don't need to hear you describe something as a fucking action item to know that you have shit to get done.

Fascinating! Tell me more. Also be sure to let me know how your fantasy football team is doing.

Tequilla said:

Fascinating! Tell me more. Also be sure to let me know how your fantasy football team is doing.
    I'd tell you to go fuck off ... but then again I can sit back and laugh at the fact that you get to put up with Steve Alford as your basketball coach combined with the 10% state income tax rate that those in the beautiful state of California get to watch their local government mismanage.

Have a good weekend!!!

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'd tell you to go fuck off ... but then again I can sit back and laugh at the fact that you get to put up with Steve Alford as your basketball coach combined with the 10% state income tax rate that those in the beautiful state of California get to watch their local government mismanage.

Have a good weekend!!!
    Sounds like you took the gloves off without warning me. Rude.
    If you can't tell from my initial post in this thread that I've already taken the gloves off, then this place may be a little too fast for you.

Just saying.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    This appears to be on the wrong board
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,594 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

This appears to be on the wrong board

I don't think there is a right board on the Internet for it. Maybe the doogman CEO lounge
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Repeat the last thing the engineer said, but very very slowly
    Make a mental note of the engineer in the room. Remember his name. He’ll be quiet throughout most of the meeting, but when his moment comes everything out of his mouth will spring from a place of unknowable brilliance. After he utters these divine words, chime in with, “Let me just repeat that,” and repeat exactly what he just said, but very, very slowly. Now, his brilliance has been transferred to you. People will look back on the meeting and mistakenly attribute the intelligent statement to you.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter
    ^don't know if this is plagiarismed shit, but every word is truth.