Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW Qb position worst in 35 years

Comments

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Think about it Bannon.

This is false. I give you Casey Paus. Half of his passes didn't go past the fucking line of scrimmage! Why? because of his sideways throwing motion. It's a shame, because I kind of dug his style. The DL just stood there batting the fucking ball down!
    Wasn't paus the last qb to beat Oregon?

Are we good, or do we need keep going?
    As I remember it he threw only a small number of passes. Mostly the game was won on the ground. That's my recollection, I was there in '03. The huskies wore purple. The ducks were all white.

So you are saying we need a QB like Paus to beat Oregon?
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Think about it Bannon.

This is false. I give you Casey Paus. Half of his passes didn't go past the fucking line of scrimmage! Why? because of his sideways throwing motion. It's a shame, because I kind of dug his style. The DL just stood there batting the fucking ball down!

As I remember it he threw only a small number of passes. Mostly the game was won on the ground. That's my recollection, I was there in '03. The huskies wore purple. The ducks were all white.

James and Sampson ran the fuck out of Oregon that game.

Two guys who coulda been great.
  • section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    Isiah Stenbeck FTW
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Think about it Bannon.

If I recollect he was throwing dimes that night.

I guess we need to keep going
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Think about it Bannon.

I miss Mike Bellotti.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    topdawgnc said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Think about it Bannon.

I miss Mike Bellotti.
    Quooks will be saying that soon enough too. #helfrichiscoker #theregressionisreal
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279

The QB situation going into 1970 was dire. Gene Willis led the Huskies to a 1-9 record in 1969 and was back. Thankfully Willis broke his leg in the spring. Turns out the 4th string QB was pretty good. Sonny Sixkiller. My dad said Greg Collins, his backup, was even better.

I said last fall that coaches fuck up the QB position all the time. Petersen should be fired if he ever plays some shit bird like Miles again.

We never had a QB problem once James got rolling. Started going downhill under another QB guru, Neuheisel.

What did your other dad think of Collins?
    Paus had five completions in the Oregon game. He did a good job of running the offense that game, give him credit, and his passes were key too. If his whole career went something like this the final judgment on him would be different.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/casey-paus-1/gamelog/2003/
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    edited April 2015

Paus had five completions in the Oregon game. He did a good job of running the offense that game, give him credit, and his passes were key too. If his whole career went something like this the final judgment on him would be different.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/casey-paus-1/gamelog/2003/

I think one of those completions was a screen to Reggie for a long TD.
    yeah, they were big passes, I mean key. I remember fans calling out for him in the apple cup. that sidewinder throwing motion did him in though.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,574 Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

topdawgnc said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Think about it Bannon.

I miss Mike Bellotti.
    Quooks will be saying that soon enough too. #helfrichiscoker #theregressionisreal

I meant to post a different GIF, but fuck it, that's perfect
    hahahahah
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club
    Just finished the DJs book on Willingham. Makes me feel differently towards Paus. It's really not a good read if you're trying to keep your blood pressure at a healthy level.

Sports psychology determines so much between success and failure. I feel for the young men that participated during that era. Didn't have a chance.
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    For all his record setting yards, I don't ever recall Cody hitting a receiver in full stride, or hitting a receiver that was not open at the time Cody threw the ball.

Cody went out, Paus came in, and HE HIT REGGIE IN STRIDE!!!11111eleven!!!!1

5-8 with 2tds, 117 yds, no ints, passer rating of 268 was pretty good.

If I recall that was the first ever night game after daylight saving time ended. It was dark and cold, and I had a full blown doogasm over that second half.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

For all his record setting yards, I don't ever recall Cody hitting a receiver in full stride, or hitting a receiver that was not open at the time Cody threw the ball.

The last pass he ever threw for UW was a fucking dime against a pretty good D.

Just sayin'
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,039
    After Gil Dobie left the quarterback situation went to hell and in 1917 our beloved Sun Dodgers went 1-2-1 going scoreless in PCC play
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    I don't know what our QB situation is like, honestly. I think Jonathan Smith Babushka is a fucking shit-ass OC who tried to run a million dollar offense with his ten dollar brain and Cyler's ten cent arm.

I think he over fucking complicates everything and has no fucking idea how to get the offense in a rhythm.

Look, Cyler was fucking terrible... but Babushka is a turd. Unless we massively simplify what we are trying to do on offense so that we avoid constant QB brain-lock and play to our players' strengths (HOLY FUCK!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?!) we are fucked and it will have precious little to do with the QBs.

We really aren't in that different a position at QB than we were in '93 or '04.

Don't get me started about Stanback. Fuck.