Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Direct from the spin machine

HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
Sark is now Gary Pinkel

I heard year 7 is going to be special

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Gary Pinkel is lucky that Missouri is not a football school.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited August 2013
    If we are referring to Missouri Gary Pinkel then where is Sark's 27 years of coaching experience, 7 years of coordinating experience and 10 years of head coaching experience?

After his first two seasons, Pinkel was 38-27 in conference play for a school with no tradition and no advantage and in a conference that included Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Colorado.

Sven, your fill of shit. Missouri has been very lucky to have Pinkel. The shame or joke is that UW hired Gilby & Lambo with Pinkel never getting a shot. Pinkel probably would have kept UW in the top 15 regularly. I don't think he's a top 10 coach and I wouldn't hire him now but I think he would have done quite well at UW over a long period. Comparing Sark to Pinkel is way beyond me. Someone pulled that one deep from their fartbox.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

If we are referring to Missouri Gary Pinkel then where is Sark's 27 years of coaching experience, 7 years of coordinating experience and 10 years of head coaching experience?

After his first two seasons, Pinkel was 38-27 in conference play for a school with no tradition and no advantage and in a conference that included Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Colorado.

Sven, your fill of shit. Missouri has been very lucky to have Pinkel. The shame or joke is that UW hired Gilby & Lambo with Pinkel never getting a shot. Pinkel probably would have kept UW in the top 15 regularly. I don't think he's a top 10 coach but I think he would have done quite well at UW over a long period. Comparing Sark to Pinkel is way beyond me. Someone pulled that one deep from their fartbox.

Pinkel had had a CONTRACT!!!!
  • vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 467 Swaye's Wigwam
    Never hire an offensively minded coach....never. Look at the statistics.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited August 2013
    vadawg said:

Harbaugh, Chip, Urban Meyer, Chris Petersen... Curious why you would say that?

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    vadawg said:

Certainly not one that can't coach. Part of Sark's trouble is his skills positions' myopia. We need real talent on the lines. Going to be interesting seeing how well the OL plays this season.

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    Based on the coaching effect statistics stuff Pinkel is one of the top 20 coaches over the past several year. Regardless of how good he is in an absolute sense, he does more with less - unlike Sark who does less with more.

vadawg said:

Throw in Don James too who was a former QB who became a defensive minded coach.

But to VaDawg's point, I think after the last four coaches we've had, its time to bring on a defensive minded HC.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I was just talking to a Mizzou fan today who thinks that: (1) Mizzou is going win ten games this year, and (2) Washington will be much improved and will push Oregon and maybe even beat us.

/dismissivewankingmotion
    AZDuck said:

I was just talking to a Mizzou fan today who thinks that: (1) Mizzou is going win ten games this year, and (2) Washington will be much improved and will push Oregon and maybe even beat us.

/dismissivewankingmotion

Sounds like Fleenor.
  • greenearplugsgreenearplugs Member Posts: 16
    i'll get roasted here, but there is evidence that pinkel is one of the better coaches in the country

Sven, your fill of shit. Missouri has been very lucky to have Pinkel. The shame or joke is that UW hired Gilby & Lambo with Pinkel never getting a shot. Pinkel probably would have kept UW in the top 15 regularly. I don't think he's a top 10 coach and I wouldn't hire him now but I think he would have done quite well at UW over a long period. Comparing Sark to Pinkel is way beyond me. Someone pulled that one deep from their fartbox.

Pinkel's first six years at Missouri:
    2001 Missouri 4–7 3–5 T–4th (North)
    2002 Missouri 5–7 2–6 5th (North)
    2003 Missouri 8–5 4–4 3rd (North) L Independence
    2004 Missouri 5–6 3–5 T–3rd (North)
    2005 Missouri 7–5 4–4 T–2nd (North) W Independence
    2006 Missouri 8–5 4–4 T–2nd (North)

Name one REAL football school in America that would have kept him after year 4, much less year 6.

He's done some nice things there, but he is only 49-48 career at Missouri in conference play. Sark's conference record is better than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

Name one REAL football school in America that would have kept him after year 4, much less year 6.

He's done some nice things there, but he is only 49-48 career at Missouri in conference play. Sark's conference record is better than that.
    Yet despite being so average unlike Sark still managed to win more than 7 games a few times in his career.

Sark is a worse version of stellar coaches like Pinkel, Gailey, Neuheisel, and Tedford.
  • McRibMcRib Member Posts: 227
    Pinkel in the 2 hole for a big surprise in 2013???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    Is it Fleenor who is the big fan of Gary Pinkell?
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

i'll get roasted here, but there is evidence that pinkel is one of the better coaches in the country

Is it the 0 conference championships in 12 years at Missouri?

Or perhaps it's the two Big 12 championship game appearences that he lost by a combined 62 points?
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Is it Fleenor who is the big fan of Gary Pinkell?

I'm not sure about that, but they did share some pops at Butler Cabin quite a few times.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

vadawg said:

Throw in Don James too who was a former QB who became a defensive minded coach.

But to VaDawg's point, I think after the last four coaches we've had, its time to bring on a defensive minded HC.
    Agree.

If he continues his upward trend a hot name is going to be Bob Diaco.

Just don't listen to his dating advice.

Yet despite being so average unlike Sark still managed to win more than 7 games a few times in his career.

Sark is a worse version of stellar coaches like Pinkel, Gailey, Neuheisel, and Tedford.
    Win a BCS bowl and you don't deserve to be in that list.