Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    If only he would call Romar out by name, some people are a little too dense to read between the lines. (I'm looking at you Seattle Times).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Odd situation. The program is a dumpster fire.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I said a year ago that you know Romar's circling the drain when glue guys like Simmons bail. NWG's transfer is just a death knell.

Apparently Pool Boy has decided to wait for Romar to fire himself. Worked out pretty well with Willingham, I suppose.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I find it odd that he kept mentioning changes in the program but it never occurred to Percy to ask specifically to what he was referring.

Seriously, is Percy fucking even awake during these interviews? What reporter wouldnt fucking ask an obvious question thats been put on a tee for him TWICE?
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Too bad the NBA doesn't have a 3rd round in the draft.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I find it odd that he kept mentioning changes in the program but it never occurred to Percy to ask specifically to what he was referring.

He "forgot"
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    priapism said:

Too bad the NBA doesn't have a 3rd round in the draft.

HE STILL wouldn't be drafted
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    There are two blistering comments in here which Percy dropped the ball on(no, not surprised)

(What are you looking for in a school, a team and a new coach?) “I’m really looking for just a situation one where I know it’s high intensity. It’s a program and a culture that’s built on preparing to win and competing to win.

A guy who's been in the program and started since day one is saying the coach, and the program are not prepared or has high intensity. Weird, who would have thought that with the coasting that romar has been doing.

The most damning though.

(What would you say to Romar’s critics who say he’s not the coach who will lead Washington out its downturn?) “To be honest, I can’t really speak on that.

I don't think the players believe in romar or the direction he's taken the team. It's plainly obvious when guys continue to transfer and they look unprepared over and over throughout the season. Why is it that players are speaking loudly about the state of the program and Poolboy just sits idly by.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Goss is a bitch, like I've been saying for months. The best player on a shit team is quite the accomplishment

Is there a worse category than "shit team"? Because the chances of UW basketball being relevant any time soon is about as likely as a program that just received the death penalty.
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    BayDawg said:

Seriously, is Percy fucking even awake during these interviews? What reporter wouldnt fucking ask an obvious question thats been put on a tee for him TWICE?
    Jude boy.

It's quite the one-two tandem they got there at the Times.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I know you're a Qook but that is especially FS.

College bball is especially coach driven. If Romar poops the bed again, Woodward should have him slide into an Associate AD position (unrelated to bball) and hire a rising coach like Boise State's. Plus UW has a good recruiting class coming in and a new coach would benefit from those players already having a year under their belt.

Goss is a bitch, like I've been saying for months. The best player on a shit team is quite the accomplishment

Is there a worse category than "shit team"? Because the chances of UW basketball being relevant any time soon is about as likely as a program that just received the death penalty.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    HFNY said:

College bball is especially coach driven. If Romar poops the bed again, Woodward should have him slide into an Associate AD position (unrelated to bball) and hire a rising coach like Boise State's. Plus UW has a good recruiting class coming in and a new coach would benefit from those players already having a year under their belt.

True, I should have lead off with "with the current coaching situation....". That is right a new coach will change things, but until pool boy makes it happen, there isn't much hope for the program.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I would agree with that. This next season has Woodward giving him enough rope to hang himself, unless Romar pulls a rabbit out of his ass (which no rational person sees happening).

HFNY said:

True, I should have lead off with "with the current coaching situation....". That is right a new coach will change things, but until pool boy makes it happen, there isn't much hope for the program.