Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NWG on what he wants in his new team/ what UW lacked

Per Seattle Times

“I’m really looking for just a situation one where I know it’s high intensity. It’s a program and a culture that’s built on preparing to win and competing to win. I know you’re not always going to do those things, but that’s just kind of the mindset."

On a related note, I was talking to a former co-worker of mine last week right after Otz left. This guy coaches high school basketball and is very connected in the south sound area. He said most of the coaches he talks to view Romar as a guy who has lost passion for coaching, doesn't care if his team wins or loses, and is just picking up a paycheck as lon as he can

Comments

• Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Washed up is the term that comes to mind.

Nigel should have went to Harvard.

Now, I think he'll go to Texas.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Oregon has room
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Per Seattle Times

“I’m really looking for just a situation one where I know it’s high intensity. It’s a program and a culture that’s built on preparing to win and competing to win. I know you’re not always going to do those things, but that’s just kind of the mindset."

On a related note, I was talking to a former co-worker of mine last week right after Otz left. This guy coaches high school basketball and is very connected in the south sound area. He said most of the coaches he talks to view Romar as a guy who has lost passion for coaching, doesn't care if his team wins or loses, and is just picking up a paycheck as lon as he can

This is pretty apparent when he is picking up coaches and players from the shit heap, never calls time outs during games because it may actually require getting up, or the fact that his teams used to be best in march. Now the team is, well, never good.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Honestly I hope he goes to Gonzaga. Doog tears sustain me

Honestly, I'd be laughing my ass off if he did that.