Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Spurs raping the Warriors

Which is exactly what they will do when they meet in the Western Conference playoffs.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Spurs are something like 17-3 in their last 20 games. Pop > Kerr.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Spurs are dangerous, but I think GS will win the West.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,362
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It feels like it's Golden State's year which is good for my Cavs who will face a team without the experience of the Spurs in the finals.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The Spurs are probably the one team that the Warriors would like to see miss in the playoffs ... I'm sure they are hoping the Spurs end up in the 6th seed.

In a more entertaining note, the Fightin' Westbrooks are only a half game up (even in the loss column) for the final spot in the West against New Orleans and do not hold the tiebreaker should the teams end tied.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Some of you still don't know the script.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Spurs never repeat
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The Spurs never repeat
    Who said anything about repeating? I'm asking about the West. Some of you need to learn the difference.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Spurs never repeat
    Who said anything about repeating? I'm asking about the West. Some of you need to learn the difference.
    Three peat in the West?

I'll take the field
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2015
    Tequilla said:

The Spurs are probably the one team that the Warriors would like to see miss in the playoffs ... I'm sure they are hoping the Spurs end up in the 6th seed.

In a more entertaining note, the Fightin' Westbrooks are only a half game up (even in the loss column) for the final spot in the West against New Orleans and do not hold the tiebreaker should the teams end tied.

It's not really entertaining. Durant's played 20 something games and Ibaka is going to miss the final six weeks. Shows how FS you were to believe the Thunder might miss the playoffs in December. All this shit has happened and they still likely make it.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Tequilla said:

It's not really entertaining. Durant's played 20 games and Ibaka is missing the last six weeks. Shows how FS you were to believe the Thunder might miss the playoffs in December. All this has happened and they still likely make it.
    But when they don't I'm sure you'll make sure to remind everyone, right?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

It's not really entertaining. Durant's played 20 games and Ibaka is missing the last six weeks. Shows how FS you were to believe the Thunder might miss the playoffs in December. All this has happened and they still likely make it.
    But when they don't I'm sure you'll make sure to remind everyone, right?
    We can pull up the thread regardless of what happens.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    I also said that I expected them to make the playoffs and win in the low 50s so you can stop playing the card that said that I always expected them not to.

The point that I was consistently making was that they could only get to the 8th seed (which has played out) and that they had lost their margin for error (which is playing out). Injuries happen and the reality is that thinking that there would be no further injuries was missing the mark
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My contention on the thunder not getting in was based on the team not getting back into chemistry quick enough and re-injury from pushing it too fast too soon against a toughened west. I'm not far off.

Tequilla and Road took it to another level, but I mainly side with Tequilla.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nobody thought Durant would miss 60 games. You thought the kings had a chance. You were pretty far off.
  • Options

Nobody thought Durant would miss 60 games. You thought the kings had a chance. You were pretty far off.

Now you are just making shit up ...

I said that the Kings had a shot to get to .500 and be a team that going forward had some pieces to make a playoff run. At NO POINT did I say that they'd make the playoffs this year.

I said that the most likely challenger was the Suns and that the team to watch out for was New Orleans (who I said was most likely a year away).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Now you are just making shit up ...

I said that the Kings had a shot to get to .500 and be a team that going forward had some pieces to make a playoff run. At NO POINT did I say that they'd make the playoffs this year.

I said that the most likely challenger was the Suns and that the team to watch out for was New Orleans (who I said was most likely a year away).
    Ease up big guy. That was to Doogles. I should have quoted him.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I mentioned the Kings as a tougher out, but knew they were not a true contender this year. I have been too lazy to look to the old thread so i have no clue exactly what I said, but i'm sure it will be relinked here upon the conclusion of the season and the crow can be divided appropriately at the dinner table.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    The Spurs to win the West has gone from 11/2 to 4/1 to 13/5 in a short period of time.

I think GS is the better team, but Greg just knows what he is doing in the post season and maybe the Warriors are a year away. Still have not decided if I will pull the trigger.

To win the title the Spurs have gone from 11/1 to 5/1. But as Race correctly said, they do not repeat.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Is it Duck rape? or 'real' rape?