Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    Big deal. Shouldn't have posted it publicly but in the minutes after a loss like that "Fuck that guy" would be a realistic reply.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He used "a" not "er" so this is a non-issue. At least that's what the young go-hards tell me.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    More bullshit media trying to find racism in everything. Fuck those niggas.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Tequilla said:

It's really simple to me ...

If it was white --> black on this comment, there'd be vicious outrage.

But since it was black --> white, it's just a young kid thing and that's just the way that it is.

We talk a lot in our society about equality ... and I'm 100% ok with that. But you can't have equality when you allow double standards to rule the day.

No offense, but not even close.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

But since it was black --> white, it's just a young kid thing and that's just the way that it is.

We talk a lot in our society about equality ... and I'm 100% ok with that. But you can't have equality when you allow double standards to rule the day.

Then please elaborate ...

And BTW, the black --> white thing was stated by Stephen A Smith ...

I just find the whole thing amusing because being a "non-athletic" white guy my entire life, I've always found it amusing the stereotype that such players have.

The reality is that the Kentucky guys got beat by a bunch of dudes that they consider to be athletically inferior, were pissed about it, didn't react well, and said some shit that anybody that has ever spent time on a basketball court in their life has heard countless times ... but that isn't in front of a microphone with one of the biggest media spotlights imaginable glaring down on you.

That being said, there's no question in the last 2-3 years the racial tensions in this country have increased. It's beyond unfortunate. This COULD be a great example and lesson to many in our country about how far we've gone in disrespecting people across such a wide range of factors that we've become so highly judgmental and are way to quick in associating stereotypes on people without even taking the time to figure out a thing about them.

And, you also can't tell me that there won't be some kid somewhere that will hear such a phrase spoken and then use it inappropriately down the road in the wrong setting resulting in a probable ass kicking.

Kudos to Kaminsky for just shrugging it off ... I guarantee that he's taking the comments as a complement and probably laughing about it.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Stephen A Smith is your source? Fuck that white boy.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,117
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Then please elaborate ...

I just find the whole thing amusing because being a "non-athletic" white guy my entire life, I've always found it amusing the stereotype that such players have.

The reality is that the Kentucky guys got beat by a bunch of dudes that they consider to be athletically inferior, were pissed about it, didn't react well, and said some shit that anybody that has ever spent time on a basketball court in their life has heard countless times ... but that isn't in front of a microphone with one of the biggest media spotlights imaginable glaring down on you.

That being said, there's no question in the last 2-3 years the racial tensions in this country have increased. It's beyond unfortunate. This COULD be a great example and lesson to many in our country about how far we've gone in disrespecting people across such a wide range of factors that we've become so highly judgmental and are way to quick in associating stereotypes on people without even taking the time to figure out a thing about them.

And, you also can't tell me that there won't be some kid somewhere that will hear such a phrase spoken and then use it inappropriately down the road in the wrong setting resulting in a probable ass kicking.

Kudos to Kaminsky for just shrugging it off ... I guarantee that he's taking the comments as a complement and probably laughing about it.
    *compliment
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Kind of more idiotic than racist

I'm getting older though. Maybe the nomenclature has changed?
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

They really are two different words.

When is the last time you heard a white person say "nigga"? Let alone a "vicious outrage" from a white person saying "nigga"?

"****er" usually has some sort of racial overtones. "Nigga" can, but does not have to, as we see in this instance. It is another word for guy, or dude (which used to be a pejorative).
  • Options
    More of a bitch move skipping out on the post game handshake.

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    this is not a story but i just listened to it and lolololol
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    someone needs to put franks face on here
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,361
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As a white guy who played a lot of street ball in the hood, Rainier Beach, I would take it as a compliment.

I got pissed when they called me Larry Bird. That's racist and demeaning. Dr J or Earl the Pearl please
  • Options

As a white guy who played a lot of street ball in the hood, Rainier Beach, I would take it as a compliment.

I got pissed when they called me Larry Bird. That's racist and demeaning. Dr J or Earl the Pearl please

Larry Bird is the ugliest motherfucker in the NBA.
    -Mars Blackmon, "She's Gotta Have It"

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,042
    Founders Club
    edited April 2015

I got pissed when they called me Larry Bird. That's racist and demeaning. Dr J or Earl the Pearl Bill Hanzlik or Danny Vranes please

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    at least he didn't say, " Fuck that Nigga in the Pussy"