Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kasen said he ran a 4.52??

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

HFNY said:

Kasen should've redshirted if he was smart but great players usually think they can return faster than they really can. Would've been really nice to have him in 2015 on the Huskies as 100% healthy but oh well.

I could see him being a practice squad guy for a year and then making a roster somewhere (either NFL or CFL in 2016).

Fucking THIS.

Fuck Sark. Really cheering for Kasen and will be genuinely upset if he doesn't realize his NFL dream.
    How is it Sark's fault?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

HFNY said:

Kasen should've redshirted if he was smart but great players usually think they can return faster than they really can. Would've been really nice to have him in 2015 on the Huskies as 100% healthy but oh well.

I could see him being a practice squad guy for a year and then making a roster somewhere (either NFL or CFL in 2016).

Fucking THIS.

Fuck Sark. Really cheering for Kasen and will be genuinely upset if he doesn't realize his NFL dream.
    How is it Sark's fault?

For not pushing him to reach his full potential, like all of Sark's recruits, he regressed

I would definitely agree that Sark didn't get the most out of Kasen. He was never used right. That said, he was an NFL WR before the gruesome injury.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If Kasen wasn't so hyped out of high school nobody would have thought that much of him in college. There are lots of guys like him in California and other states in high school. he was a good recruit but way over hyped.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

HFNY said:

Fucking THIS.

How is it Sark's fault?

For not pushing him to reach his full potential, like all of Sark's recruits, he regressed

I would definitely agree that Sark didn't get the most out of Kasen. He was never used right. That said, he was an NFL WR before the gruesome injury.
    Jamora and Cooper had worse injuries IMHO. Did we ever get a definitive on Kasen's injury? What was it? Foot, Leg? Either way, given his 35" and 4.6 speed, he should be on his way to full recovery.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Gladstone said:

HFNY said:

Fucking THIS.

How is it Sark's fault?

Jamora and Cooper had worse injuries IMHO. Did we ever get a definitive on Kasen's injury? What was it? Foot, Leg? Either way, given his 35" and 4.6 speed, he should be on his way to full recovery.
    Thought it was Lisfranc
  • Options

Gladstone said:

HFNY said:

Fucking THIS.

How is it Sark's fault?

Thought it was Lisfranc
    If that's true he will recover
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,462

Gladstone said:

HFNY said:

Fucking THIS.

How is it Sark's fault?

Thought it was Lisfranc
    It was Lisfranc. Remember how long it took Stanback to recover after Oregon State?
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gladstone said:

HFNY said:

Fucking THIS.

How is it Sark's fault?

This is just FS. There are differing degrees of injuries. Some ACL tears are worse than others. Some Lisfranc injuries are worse than others. To declare that a couple of ACL tears are worse than a given Listranc injury defies common sense.

It was clear that Kasen was not healthy all year, but he certainly got healthier later in the year.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Lisfranc takes so long because the area doesn't get much blood flow. They used to have to amputate in the old-old days (Napoleon's cavalry while conquering Egypt).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    HuskyInAZ said:

Gladstone said:

HFNY said:

Fucking THIS.

How is it Sark's fault?

This is just FS. There are differing degrees of injuries. Some ACL tears are worse than others. Some Lisfranc injuries are worse than others. To declare that a couple of ACL tears are worse than a given Listranc injury defies common sense.

It was clear that Kasen was not healthy all year, but he certainly got healthier later in the year.
    How many of these have you repaired? The current advances in surgical techniques, compression plates, staples, bone anchors, external fixation and BMA (Bone Marrow Aspirate) technology, this type of injury has gone from jeopardizing an athletes career to a situation that can be fixed with recovery greater than 90% of original stability and strength. Notice there are no screws crossing the first metatarsal cuneiform joint.....Just like using knotless tight ropes in ankle fractures with syndesmotic injuries (these were missed all the time before, and standard AO technique was 4 cortices screw placement which required removal or they just broke) you can use mini tight ropes instead of 4.0 or two 3.5 mm screws now ...
    http://www.arthrex.com/resources/video/AkhnzYIAuUO3OAE4xIXDgA/lisfranc-ligament-repair-using-the-mini-tightrope-and-the-mini-tightrope-ft-anchor
    http://www.arthrex.com/foot-ankle/lisfranc-plates

"I had mine in the dark ages; they weren’t doing many then," said Stokley, who’s entering his 12th season. "To come back from that was the toughest by far."

Karen did not have his done in the dark ages...And one of the Top Foot and Ankle Surgeon in the World happens to live in Seattle and work at Harborview

http://www.orthop.washington.edu/?q=faculty-profiles/sigvard-t-hansen-jr-md.html
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Lisfranc takes so long because the area doesn't get much blood flow. They used to have to amputate in the old-old days (Napoleon's cavalry while conquering Egypt).

Actually, talar neck fractures have a hard time healing because of blood flow. they are classified accordingly
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HFNY said:

Actually, talar neck fractures have a hard time healing because of blood flow. they are classified accordingly
    Neck fracture superiority guy
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sig Hansen is an Ortho surgeon when he's not a crab boat captain???

fucker is a workaholic.
  • Options

Sig Hansen is an Ortho surgeon when he's not a crab boat captain???

fucker is a workaholic.

You called him Sig, so obviously you know what the fuck you are talking about... Let's be real, if there's one place in America to have an Injury like this, it's Seattle and all those AFOS surgeons trained by Sig, followed by Baltimore and Myerson. If Kasen is jumping 36 inches, and running 4.62 40's, it's safe to assume someone in Seattle knew what they were doing, and he may fully (90%) recover sooner than later.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Kasen could not afford to lose 10% of his speed/explosiveness.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,950
    Founders Club

HuskyInAZ said:

When Kasen is healthy, he could be really good. But IMO, he's still not all the way back. A 35" vertical for a guy who high jumped 7' and triple jumped 50' in HS tells me he's still not fully healed.

As for being used wrong, he was obviously not healthy in 2014. Tough to use a gimpy WR, especially with a noodle-armed QB who throws with his eyes closed. Not a great combo. In hindsight, a RS in 2014 would likely have been the best call.

I think Kasen had the ability to be an NFL WR. Probably not a very good one, but a middle round pick who could bounce around for a little bit.

After the injury, he's done. He didn't have any speed to sacrifice. I'll be surprised if he makes a practice squad.
    I'm surprised you'll be surprised.