Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Beo to WSU

Not a good day for our ultra classy, high integrity leader.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ernie likes the white meat.

Ole'!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I read yesterday he was going to Mor(m)on University
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Ernie likes the white meat.

Ole'!

Romar doesn't like white kids remember?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's going to BYU. Kid from Federal Way, Viont'e Daniels, is going to wazzu.
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My bad. I saw "Cougs" and assumed.

Still a shitty week for Romar.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    HuskyInAZ said:

He would have been a role player at best. But I'd rather have a good shooter like that and worry about his defensive shortcomings later.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah I liked Beo as well. Great shooter and seems to make his teammates better. BYU is a good fit for him though. They have a bunch of talent coming back from missions, he'll have to fight for minutes there too.
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

He would have been a role player at best. But I'd rather have a good shooter like that and worry about his defensive shortcomings later.
    There have been a decent amount of big teams sniffing up his skirt for a while now. This really isn't Romars type of kid. He isn't being recruited primarily by portland state, san jose and grand canyon university.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

HuskyInAZ said:

There have been a decent amount of big teams sniffing up his skirt for a while now. This really isn't Romars type of kid. He isn't being recruited primarily by portland state, san jose and grand canyon university.
    LOL.

If Romar had got him, I imagined him as a Ryan Appleby 2.0, but with better guards around him so he doesn't have to handle the ball as much. The year we had Dentmon, Appleby and Morris in the back court was a lean year at guard.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Romar wants edgy
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

LOL.

If Romar had got him, I imagined him as a Ryan Appleby 2.0, but with better guards around him so he doesn't have to handle the ball as much. The year we had Dentmon, Appleby and Morris in the back court was a lean year at guard.
    Volume shooter, average size. Not that great of a loss if it even was a loss. Funny to see how the lemming coaches all of a sudden get interested in a kid once word gets out someone else might be on him.

• Options

HuskyInAZ said:

LOL.

I think Beo would have been a good player for UW. He's good enough to be a 15 minute a guy guy, and something UW has lacked for going on 3 years now. Shooters. UW has lacked shooters across the board for a while now, and Beo would represent that skillset. Whether he became an elite college guard or just a very good role guy would obviously come out in the wash, but this is the exact type of kid GU gets and they become a great player.

• Options

HuskyInAZ said:

LOL.

I think Beo would have been a good player for UW. He's good enough to be a 15 minute a guy guy, and something UW has lacked for going on 3 years now. Shooters. UW has lacked shooters across the board for a while now, and Beo would represent that skillset. Whether he became an elite college guard or just a very good role guy would obviously come out in the wash, but this is the exact type of kid GU gets and they become a great player.

That's the kind of kid Gonzaga got 15 -20 years ago. They are full-on 4/5-star, international program now. They put the pedal to the metal while WSU and UW fucked around playing with themselves.

EWU will be the next big thing - if they aren't already. Major inroads internationally. Both UW and WSU should bury them but they are too proud of their Pac-12 lineage to do anything different than they've always done.