Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Assistant coach TJ Otzelbetrgerererererer Sold the Couch

No warning, just gone...

...to Iowa St.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You know your program is in good shape when you lose perhaps your best assistant to Iowa State....on a lateral move.

Nothing to see here. In Romar we trust.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Leavingthetitanic.jpg
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HuskyInAZ said:

You know your program is in good shape when you lose perhaps your best assistant to Iowa State....on a lateral move.

Not leaving to go to Iowa State, leaving to go BACK to Iowa State.

And generally speaking based on my experience, when you start seeing good people leave an organization, it's a slamming indictment on the existing leadership and the faith that people have with said leadership's ability to get the job done on a go-forward basis.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

And generally speaking based on my experience, when you start seeing good people leave an organization, it's a slamming indictment on the existing leadership and the faith that people have with said leadership's ability to get the job done on a go-forward basis.
    Don't misconstrue this, but what makes coach TJ "good people" aka a good coach?

The team sucked while he was here.

Not saying that's his fault, but does this even matter?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Brad Jackson hater.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Brad Jackson hater.
    You mean the guy brought in to install the high post offense that looks like an alleyway abortion?
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Come on, not one "bring back boner" comment yet?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

They need more time.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

To respond to both, I don't think it's a lateral job at all. Iowa state has been good and is building. UW is going into the dumpster and TJ knows that they will have no posts, and mainly young guys to try for one more year. At that point, generally most assume romar would be canned and TJ would be out of a job.

He was "good" people, as in, he was a well sought after assistant especially in recruiting. Maybe seattle wasn't for him, but my guess is that he was offered a job at a program that isn't in a dumpster fire and would prefer a better experience.
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

They need more time.
    I bet there is a chorus on DM.C about boner right now
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Pretty sure TJ was on the staff to recruit. And this incoming class looks to be better than we've seen in a long time. So losing your best recruiter.....yes, it does matter.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Pretty sure TJ was on the staff to recruit. And this incoming class looks to be better than we've seen in a long time. So losing your best recruiter.....yes, it does matter.
    Obviously he knows something

• Options
    HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

As has been discussed a million times already, recruiting isn't really the issue.
  • Options

HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

As has been discussed a million times already, recruiting isn't really the issue.
    Actually, it's a huge issue. Here's a few reasons why:

Quevyn Winters
    Tristan Etienne
    Gilles Dierxks
    Jahmel Taylor
    Mike Anderson
    Mark McLaughlin
    Andrew Andrews
    Jernard Jerreau
    Hikeem Stewart

I'll counter with the list of 1st round draft picks and NBA players that I'm too lazy to type out.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Though I wouldn't include Andrew Andrews in that list and Jerreau could end up being pretty good if he stays healthy.

HuskyInAZ said:

Tequilla said:

HuskyInAZ said:

Actually, it's a huge issue. Here's a few reasons why:

Quevyn Winters
    Tristan Etienne
    Gilles Dierxks
    Jahmel Taylor
    Mike Anderson
    Mark McLaughlin
    Andrew Andrews
    Jernard Jerreau
    Hikeem Stewart

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    What's Ken Bone up to? Could do worse than bringing him back.
  • Options
    I think you all are misstating the wording and arguing semantics. Recruiting isn't the issue, talent evaluation is the issue. Romar and company have been targeting players that no other pac12 schools are going for. You know what's common with every guy on the list above? None(outside maybe tristan) were recruited by pac12 schools seriously. UW was competing against the likes of san jose state, tulane and schools like that for most of these guys. Our current roster is filled with very few players who had legit high end offers(ie committable).

When romar actually locks into a player he isn't a bad recruiter, but he and his staff have been horrendous at narrowing down talent which can play at the pac12 level. Whether that's laziness(which i don't believe) or just lack of a true direction of the program and how to fit players to romars new style.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,866
    HFNY said:

What's Ken Bone up to? Could do worse than bringing him back.

Makin' big cheese from Wazzu.

On the Montana bench.