Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KJ Costello (2016 QB) Commits to Stanford

Over USC and Michigan...

Only reason I bring this up is because it could start the QB domino in the PAC12.

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    Burn for Sark. I thought he was SCs to lose. Sark also thought he had the #1 guy out of NOLA in the bag, but he went to Ole Miss after they hired a family member.

FWIW - It seems UCLA is prioritizing Modster over Fink. Oregon took an early QB commit from a solid player. Cal took a QB already.

Surprised SC isn't as big a player for Eason. They could end up going hard after Fink now.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited March 2015
    Good to know about UCLA with Fink. I think that was one of the big concerns for UW. Really want them to land Fink here in the next month. Will be interesting to see who USC goes after.

I saw UCLA offered Eason a week or so ago, thought that was strange. Wouldn't shock me if Sark skips over Fink to try and go hard after Eason and then settles for a QB late.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I've heard the TBSrs have some concerns over Finks arm strength after seeing him in 7v7 stuff. I've actually heard besides Eason, none of the west coast QBs have looked particularly impressive, especially relative to last years bumper crop (75K).

Yeah, I think that's due to the recent promotion of Scott White from GA to LB Coach. He's also taking on PNW recruiting for the Bruins, and he's probably trying to make a splash by pulling a miracle with Eason. Doubt it happens, but he has proven already to be an ace recruiter for ucla.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sark is a great recruiter and developer of quarterbacks. Everybody says so.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Surprised SC isn't as big a player for Eason. They could end up going hard after Fink now.

I've heard rumors that Eason was in the bag for Seven until he left to go to Georgia ...

I've also heard rumors that the Eason family was pissed at Petersen for not offering him as early as others ...

Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens if Seven tries to make a run at Eason after offering him even later than Petersen ... what a bad day for Petersen if Seven pulls in Eason after offering him after Petersen did. BURN!!!
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meanwhile, back on Saturday...
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

I've heard rumors that Eason was in the bag for Seven until he left to go to Georgia ...

I've also heard rumors that the Eason family was pissed at Petersen for not offering him as early as others ...

Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens if Seven tries to make a run at Eason after offering him even later than Petersen ... what a bad day for Petersen if Seven pulls in Eason after offering him after Petersen did. BURN!!!
    They sure seemed happy to me the day Skinny got the offer from Peterman. He likes Georgia. He's one fucking kid playing for one fucking team. Why can't people just let him go?
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Burn for Sark. I thought he was SCs to lose. Sark also thought he had the #1 guy out of NOLA in the bag, but he went to Ole Miss after they hired a family member.

FWIW - It seems UCLA is prioritizing Modster over Fink. Oregon took an early QB commit from a solid player. Cal took a QB already.

You can't fault a kid for choosing Stanford
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Do the Huskies absolutely take a QB this year if they miss out on Fink?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

Should always take a QB every year.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    One could argue that you don't take a guy just to take a guy.

Also Georgia didn't take a QB last year and now they have Eason.
    Gladstone said:

HFNY said:

Should always take a QB every year.
  • Options
    HFNY said:

Based on my TBS work - I don't see how a coach say 'gtfo' to Max Gilliam if they seriously offered Fink. They look like carbon copies of each other. Fink may be an inch or two taller, but that's about it. Gilliam almost broke 4.6 at the opening, so he's quite a bit faster than Fink.

If Fink Committs to SC, and/or Modster goes to Boise I bet both UW and UCLA turn to Gilliam in short order.
  • Options
    Looks like Gilliam committed to Cal.

I saw UW recently offered a QB out of Houston, Dillion Sterling-Cole. He blew up recently and made the elite 11 finals. His hudl looked pretty good. Lots of schools are now offering him.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Looks like Gilliam committed to Cal.

I saw UW recently offered a QB out of Houston, Dillion Sterling-Cole. He blew up recently and made the elite 11 finals. His hudl looked pretty good. Lots of schools are now offering him.

I'd be interested in getting a Houston kid up to UW ...

If he worked out well as the last Houston-area QB that was a starting QB for one of my schools, I'd be quite happy.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Yeah, the Houston kid won't come here.