Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC vs UCLA football recruiting: the battle for LA

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So... it's Kim's contention, the players tune Mora in until they sign, then tune him out when they arrive on campus?
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I think I admitted that there have been issues with game management and schemes. But capping the potential of a program after year 3 with the talent level Ucla is building and the coaching changes they've made I think is FS. Also #fuckyonarratives.

If I do the same in year 3 of Peterson after a 10-3 year...by all means light me up. Quooks have done the same to me on here for my hate of the ducks. It's a message board.

• Options
    Consistently winning 10 games in LA and competing in the South year in/year out is nothing to scoff at and is worthy of a certain level of praise... But, they also leave the door wide open to criticism. UCLA is like Gonzaga BB to me... OK, you're good but either step it up and win it all or gtfo.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Consistently winning 10 games in LA and competing in the South year in/year out is nothing to scoff at and is worthy of a certain level of praise... But, they also leave the door wide open to criticism. UCLA is like Gonzaga BB to me... OK, you're good but either step it up and win it all or gtfo.

Winning 10 games is no big deal now.

Hope this helps.
  • Options

Hope this helps.
    Feel free to shit on achievement all you want to but, the fact remains, MOST teams don't win 10 games. Far fewer do it consistently. The fact this needs to be pointed out to you says quite a lot.
  • Options

Hope this helps.
    Feel free to shit on achievement all you want to but, the fact remains, MOST teams don't win 10 games. Far fewer do it consistently. The fact this needs to be pointed out to you says quite a lot.
    You must be a big Mark Richt fan.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think I admitted that there have been issues with game management and schemes. But capping the potential of a program after year 3 with the talent level Ucla is building and the coaching changes they've made I think is FS. Also #fuckyonarratives.

If I do the same in year 3 of Peterson after a 10-3 year...by all means light me up. Quooks have done the same to me on here for my hate of the ducks. It's a message board.

Disagree.

• Options

Hope this helps.
    Not really but, he did win 12 games and achieved a #4 ranking and makes $3.5 million coaching football in a safe situation at a major school.

I do indeed respect his achievement. You don't?
  • Options

Hope this helps.
    Not really but, he did win 12 games and achieved a #4 ranking and makes $3.5 million coaching football in a safe situation at a major school.

Winning the Capital One Bowl to finish your magical season is always special.

Dude hasn't won the SEC since 2005.
  • Options
    maybe not, but he's still one of the most successful college football coaches in history and is rewarded as such financially and is living a dream you never will... I know, right?

Hope this helps.

• Options

maybe not, but he's still one of the most successful college football coaches in history and is rewarded as such financially and is living a dream you never will... I know, right?

Hope this helps.

What the fuck?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    13 teams won 10 games or more in 2014. That means that 10 wins = top 10%
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UCLA isn't little brother anymore. LA is beholden to whoever wins, and UCLA has embarrassed trojan ass the last couple of years. Mora still has a lot to prove though.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,701
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lakers
    Trojan football
    Bruin basketball
    Dodgers
    Kings
    Ducks

Clippers
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    AZDuck said:

So, put another way...107/120 teams didn't?
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Surprised it was that low. College football was dreckier than I thought last year.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Until one of those two schools hires a coach that can develop the talent and manage games, they will both continue to underachieve.

UCLA has developed individual player talent very well under Mora. The weakness of the program is largely schematic and game management. I know the jealously is real with other P12 fans of the LA schools, but I think there is still upside for Mora at UCLA. More talent more depth and the program has the OL pipeline finally rolling after three years of predominantly first and second year starters on the OL.

SC is a just an average coach away from a juggernaut.

If Peterson manages a 10-3 year in either of the next two years, we know 81% of this board will be lining up to give him HJs, and won't call it underacheiving. Bias much?
    We've had one ten win season since Poison was a cool band. I really hate to admit it and was on denial for a long time, but Warshington isn't really relevant and hasn't been for a long time. 10 wins is a start.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

Not the case.

AZDuck can't count. There were 23 FBS schools that won 10 games:
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/standings

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

AZDuck said:

Not the case.

AZDuck can't count. There were 23 FBS schools that won 10 games:
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/standings

Counting superiority guy...