Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mark Few might have Gonzaga in the Sweet 16 again...

2»

Comments

• Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Few is not a great coach. He has a school like GU exactly where they should be. Occasional runs. Consistent NCAA tourney entries. He rarely has a team to go for a championship, but he at least is knocking on the door for a small school.

The argument should be not for GU's greatness, but for how a tiny school with zero local recruits somehow kicks UW's ass throughout the great romar's tenure.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Few uses shady overseas agents. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the UW program

Tommy Lloyd is a shady overseas agent?!?

Go Missionaries!
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Armies of stupid fucking Quooks wanted Mark Few because he is from Eugene. After a zillion years of free trips to the tourney he still hasn't been as far as the hated negro Ernie Kent, twice.

Gonzaga is a cute program with no real accomplishments.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The Weasel is the definition of big fish in the little pond. He's comfortable at Gonzaga because he doesn't have to work that hard and it is what it is. Don't hate the guy for leading a comfortable life and having priorities. If his plan is to win championships though, then he's easy to hate.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheGlove said:

I'd take the last 20 years of Gonzaggot basketball over the Hussies.

I'm old enough to remember when Oregon State had a men's basketball program.

Shit, your women can't even beat Gonzaga's women at home.
    Those Chris Welp / Jose Ortiz battles were awesome.
    So was James Edwards v Lonnie Shelton
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

TheGlove said:

Gundmundssen hater.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

TheGlove said:

Go Riders!
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

The Weasel is the definition of big fish in the little pond. He's comfortable at Gonzaga because he doesn't have to work that hard and it is what it is. Don't hate the guy for leading a comfortable life and having priorities. If his plan is to win championships though, then he's easy to hate.

Win the shit WCC and you're in the dance. Only play one of two real teams OOC. Have a few good shooters that get hot at the right time and pull an upset or two. This is basically Gonzaga in a nutshell. Notice how they never quite manage to beat those good teams when it counts? Not really that impressive for a "basketball" school.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Win the shit WCC and you're in the dance. Only play one of two real teams OOC. Have a few good shooters that get hot at the right time and pull an upset or two. This is basically Gonzaga in a nutshell. Notice how they never quite manage to beat those good teams when it counts? Not really that impressive for a "basketball" school.
    I don't see how you can call them a basketball school when they are undefeated in football for what seems like forever
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Is Gonzaga capable of much more than an elite 8 or final four? I dont think so.

A Kentucky or Duke or UNC or Kansas or abundance will always be there waiting for them and always kick their ass. Best they can hope for is a 1984 Villanova like miracle. Hope is not a strategy Barrack Obannon.

Few seems to have that program operating consistently near its potential, Plus/minus a game or two in the tourney...does it really fucking matter?

This is the thing the national media finally picked up on about three years ago, and NW and some western basketball fans knew it all along. The Zaggots play a few good teams, and yeah, they're good enough to sometimes beat Illinois or Memphis or occasionally a true top ten team, but they're never going to even get to a F 4 without almost a miraculous performance.
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Jesus Tommy, ease up with the Zag jealousy. I find it very unbecoming
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Jesus Tommy, ease up with the Zag jealousy. I find it very unbecoming

There isn't anything to be jealous of.

HTH