Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do you hate Oregon Basketball?

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I used to dislike them back when they had Ridnour, Kent, A. Brooks, that annoying Aussie guy, but now I'm pretty indifferent, even with their success lately.

I consider Warshington as the football school that was (maybe Petersen will bring it back) and Oregon is the johnny-come-lately brat football school who acts like Paris Hilton's brother on a British Airways flight. In other words, neither school is really a basketball school, so it's hard to get worked up.

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I hate anything Oregon. They prolly have a lacrosse team. I hate those fags.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon's team this year reminds me of the UW team whRoy was a senior. They have one guy who's really, really fucking good who carries the team and a bunch of serviceable guys who allow the stud to do his thing.

Many of the efuck variety Oregon fans are already buying their final four tickets for next year much like UW fans were when Hawes Poindexter, etc. Were coming in. Without Young (and his bullshit "hardship waiver") though, Oregon would have been just about as bad as UW this year.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2015

Oregon's team this year reminds me of the UW team whRoy was a senior. They have one guy who's really, really fucking good who carries the team and a bunch of serviceable guys who allow the stud to do his thing.

Many of the efuck variety Oregon fans are already buying their final four tickets for next year much like UW fans were when Hawes Poindexter, etc. Were coming in. Without Young (and his bullshit "hardship waiver") though, Oregon would have been just about as bad as UW this year.

And had Upshaw made the correct decision (would love to see Upshaw playing there right now), they are an elite 8 team. The big difference between the Hawes, Poindxter, etc teams is fckn Romar is 1/2 the coach Altman is. We all know if Altman was the coach of Washington this year, they are in the fucking tournament.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Obligatory: Nike, Uncle Phil, Altman doesn't do it the "right way", rape, "what I'm hearing", "smoked it all", shady transfer rules.

The end.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC PAC
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Nah. If Young was gone, Altman would have snagged some other transfer or some no name and coached his team to the tournament. They've lost their best player pretty much every year and he keeps finishing 2nd or 3rd in the conference.

He's Montgomery-lite. And the league is nowhere near as strong as when Monty was as Stanford. They aren't going to the final four, but they'll be dancing most years.

Miller will out talent him yearly, but who, in this conference, is going to out-coach him?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    I can't stand Altmans fake cowboy drawl bullshit style of talking.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    DHD said:

Obligatory: Nike, Uncle Phil, Altman doesn't do it the "right way", rape, "what I'm hearing", "smoked it all", shady transfer rules.

The end.

That's why I like them.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Threads like this keep me coming back
  • Options

Downvoted for comparing Young to Roy.

Young will be lucky to get drafted.
  • Options

I'd hit an Oregon cheerleader 100 times over before looking at a Dawg cheerleader. Just Sayin'
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I'd hit an Oregon cheerleader Co-ed 100 times over before looking at a Dawg cheerleader. Just Sayin'
    70% of the Oregon student body is from southern california. 70% of the UW student body is Asian...and not in a good way.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Bash on Oregon all you fucking want, but bash on Asian girls and I'm fucking OUT.

(I think Oregon will give Wisconsin a game)
  • Options

I'd hit an Oregon cheerleader 100 times over before looking at a Dawg cheerleader. Just Sayin'
    A few years ago that was true. But the Fighting Ducks cheer squad has taken a few steps back.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Bash on Oregon all you fucking want, but bash on Asian girls and I'm fucking OUT.

(I think Oregon will give Wisconsin a game)

If by 'giving Wisconsin a game' you mean they will be tied after 1:30 of play, you might be correct.

Oregon is going to get boatraced. Wisconsin is Arizona-level team and we all saw how that turned out on a neutral court in the Pac-12 tourney. And since Wisconsin is an Adidas school vs. Nike U, Bo Ryan likely has a couple hundred grand bonus coming his way after the Badgers drop the Quacks by 30.

• Options

I'd hit an Oregon cheerleader Co-ed 100 times over before looking at a Dawg cheerleader. Just Sayin'
    70% of the Oregon student body is from southern california. 70% of the UW student body is Asian...and not in a good way.
    and %70 of the University of California LA is Asain, so why da Fuq am I missing here.

A few years ago that was true. But the Fighting Ducks cheer squad has taken a few steps back.
    If by steps back you mean they don't recruit pole dancers..... i still say they are 10 steps above UW
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    topdawgnc said:

Oregon is committed to winning in all sports.

Must be nice.

This.

Whats the ncaa tournament like anyway
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I always root for Pac12 teams except when they play some one
  • Options
    edited March 2015

and %70 of the University of California LA is Asain, so why da Fuq am I missing here.

The UCLA Asians are hot.

Honk it.