Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Speculate Away

13»

Comments

• AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Lol at thinking Miller would want to come to UW. If he transfers, he will have much better options than UW. This guy was a Heisman finalist his junior year. Every school without a proven QB will be after this guy if he decides to transfer.

UW has a new OL. The WR's have been pedestrian so far. The RB's meh. It was the worst offense in the Pac 12 last year. And Petersen has never had (or done well) with a mobile QB. Other than that, I love UW's chances.

Please name the schools that fit that mold ... please include conference (can't go anywhere in the Big10) and coach.

Don't disagree with you that there may be better options than UW, but I think you're probably overestimating the number of potential landing spots for him. And on top of that, when you look at a guy that has had plenty of success with a high quality coach like Urban Meyer, I would think that it may make some sense that he would also value playing for a high value coach going forward like Petersen.
    Wow, just wow. You think Miller wants to play for a team with no shot at a title? He's not coming to UW.

Top 25 teams without a QB: Auburn, Alabama, FSU, UCLA, Ole Miss, LSU, Georgia. I need to include the conference and coach for these schools? The true fits would be Auburn, UCLA, and LSU.

I think graduates are free to transfer anywhere, so MIller could transfer to a Big 10 school. He'd never go to Michigan, but Nebraska or Wisconsin could be fits.

Other schools that are more prestigious: Texas, Florida.

Kansas State also has an opening at QB and runs an offense suited for him. I'm sure I'm missing 5-10 others.

If/when Miller decides to transfer, schools will line up trying to get him. Many of those schools will be in a lot better position than UW.
    So you are basically looking at schools that have lost their QB. You aren't looking at those programs from the standpoint of whether or not they have built in options that they are prepared to head into the Fall with as their starting QB.

Already talked about how UCLA very well may be comfortable heading into the Fall with what they have.

Off the top of my head LSU started a number of young QBs this offseason and bringing in Miller would set off a mass exodus of their existing QBs is my guess. Probably not good for business there. I believe Ole Miss has an option that they are planning on turning things over to. I'm almost positive that Auburn had a backup QB that they expect to be better than Marshall. I think Alabama was in pretty good shape at the QB position as well.

Normally what you find in these spots is that the guys that are leaving and going somewhere are going somewhere because not only is their an immediate spot to play, but the situation makes sense for the school. Normally there's a situation where a QB either graduated or got hurt and there's a clear 1 year gap that needs to be filled between the last guy and the next guy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/97092/grad-transfer-rule-on-elite-hs-qbs-minds
    You don't know shit off the top of your head. Jennings was LSU's QB last year and he was absolutely terrible. Worse than Cyler Miles. I doubt Les Miles is worried about him or a young QB leaving. A freshman or redshirt freshman isn't leaving anyways. They will just wait. It's only one year of Braxton Miller anyways. I guarantee LSU will be all over him if he transfers.

Alabama is not in great shape at QB. Coker is a senior transfer this year. They don't give a shit about him. Everyone else is unproven.

FSU has Maguire. Who knows how they feel about him. I'd imagine they would feel better with Miller, provided he's healthy.

Auburn's back up played well last year. You might be right about that, but Miller would be a pretty good fit with Malzahn.

UCLA is an obvious fit.

Easy playing time available at Texas or Florida.

The good teams without a QB, and I named many, will be thrilled to get a former Heisman finalist to play QB for them.

Quit dooging. To someone that isn't following closely, UW is a dumpster fire. They haven't won anything since 2000 and have been perpetually average the last 5 years. That doesn't mean things aren't looking up, but it is what it is. They will be picked in the bottom half of the conference. Even UW fans realize it's likely a rebuilding year. On top of that, the offense isn't an ideal fit for Miller like other schools.
    RoadDawg does this for a living?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    This is all kinda dumb.

The real goods in the OP is Michael Eletise, the #1 player in Hawaii this year. We need a road-grader at OG and he'd help rebuild the Pineapple Express:

sports.yahoo.com/washington/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Eletise-165895

We haven't gotten a recruit out of Hawaii since 2012 (Wooching and Brostek) so it would be nice to reestablish connections there via Keith B (there's also a Hawaiian RB we want).
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So what you're saying is both Sark and Ty failed to secure a pipeline to the Islands?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I thought Danny Shelton lived on Harvey Road from the Isle of Auburn.