Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pac 12 honors

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
I think Altman was definitely the right choice for coach of the year, as he finished 2nd in league and earned a tourny bid with nothing more than Joseph Young and a few Lego pieces.

Young was great this year, but I don't think he's Pac 12 player of the year. While you could definitely make a case for top three, Mcconnell and Wright were more deserving.

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I think Altman was definitely the right choice for coach of the year, as he finished 2nd in league and earned a tourny bid with nothing more than Joseph Young and a few Lego pieces.

Young was great this year, but I don't think he's Pac 12 player of the year. While you could definitely make a case for top three, Mcconnell and Wright were more deserving.

How is Altman supposed to compete without local Oregon talent?
  • Options
    SevenElevenSevenEleven Member Posts: 318
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He's also one of those guys that's only going to hurt whatever small shot he has at getting a shot at the NBA the longer he stays. In fact, its probably already too late. He might have been drafted in the mid second round last year and, if he wound up with a depleted enough team maybe gotten a year or two.

This year he's a borderline 2nd to more likely undraftable. By his senior season they won't even consider him.

The NBA drafts youngsters and foreigners. Only a handful of college seniors go each year and those aren't guys like NWG. They are usually big men, who were too raw when young and developed into something, or undersized guys that end up showing they can light it up for a sustained amount of time.

Goss' size is fine...good even, for a PG, which is why the longer he stays the more scouts just think "if this guy isn't good enough to leave early, we don't want him".