Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NWG vs Kevin O'neill

Interesting quote from Kevin O'Neill over on UW Dawg Pound interview. "NWG can't play in the NBA. I don't know why everybody's worried about him going to the NBA." Went on to discuss that NWG isn't quick enough to separate from NBA level defenders and if you don't have that ability you must be deadly from 3. He also mentioned that NWG wouldn't be able to guard NBA level PG's.

Great college player, not an nba guy. Hope he doesn't make a huge mistake and leave.

Comments

• Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Interesting quote from Kevin O'Neill over on UW Dawg Pound interview. "NWG can't play in the NBA. I don't know why everybody's worried about him going to the NBA." Went on to discuss that NWG isn't quick enough to separate from NBA level defenders and if you don't have that ability you must be deadly from 3. He also mentioned that NWG wouldn't be able to guard NBA level PG's.

Great college player, not an nba guy. Hope he doesn't make a huge mistake and sell his couch

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    What is a Kevin O'Neill?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited March 2015
    NWG is decently serviceable at alot of things, but NBA scouts and teams want players that can absolutely excel at one thing and they figure they can coach out or around those deficiencies.

NWG lacks the ability to physically dominate (no explosiveness, quickness, length, strength, or jumping ability), isnt a good 3 point shooter, isnt a lock down defender, not an amazing ball handler, isnt an amazing passer, and struggles to beat his man off the dribble...

He is just about decent at a lot of things though, so hes got that going for him. I like how him and andrew's appear to be the only guys who care this year too, but he isnt ever going to be an NBA guy IMO. maybe someone who plays for 2-5 years in Israel or Europe or something...

That being said, Romar is a shitty fucking coach and cant develop players, so if I were him I would leave and just finish my degree 5 years from now after a few years of fun in Europe.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    I said it before, he will be here or D league. He will never play in the NBA, his future is coaching.