Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Proof Kendyl Taylor Didn't Buy-In

13»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

People hate when you show up early to meetings, true story bro.

Not at the level that Toppy and I roll in
    This.

People at that level HATE when you are even a minute late ...

Of course, those same people are ALWAYS 5+ minutes late when you are on time or early.
    Oh and if I offended anyone I apologize

Bullshit
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

This.

Of course, those same people are ALWAYS 5+ minutes late when you are on time or early.
    I remember in 2004 when I had a 90-minute interview with Don James at the Don James Center. I got there 20 minutes early, and was the only one in the room. I was standing at the window looking out at the field, and glanced at my watch and it said 8:59AM. And I thought matter-of-factly, "well, he has the rep for always being on time, but not today."

Right then I heard the doors swing open behind me...
    Was it because he was 1 minute early at 8:59 AM?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

This.

I remember in 2004 when I had a 90-minute interview with Don James at the Don James Center. I got there 20 minutes early, and was the only one in the room. I was standing at the window looking out at the field, and glanced at my watch and it said 8:59AM. And I thought matter-of-factly, "well, he has the rep for always being on time, but not today."

And?
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

This.

And?
    Really. That did seem like a pretty weird spot to end that story. I'm hearing Derek may not be a very accomplished writer
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

This.

And?
    There actually was one other part to the story. Coach James entered and we shook hands. He said to me "So you wanted to do the interview here, huh?" And I blurted out, "You got any better ideas?" And for a split second, the look on his face was one of confusion. And I was internally kicking myself as that came out all wrong.

And then we sat down and proceeded to do the interview. It was the one where he discussed why he resigned and it led to the Roses Of Wrath chapter in Husky Football in the Don James Era.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,000
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

This.

Was it because he was 1 minute early at 8:59 AM?
    It was 8:59 and everything was completely silent. No sense of activity anywhere, so it didn't seem like anyone else was in the vicinity.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Hard-hitting off-season analysis ITT
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Toppy only shows up early so he can make the coffee.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443

Funny how things come full circle. His older brother, Terry; who was pretty good at ASU and is in the pros, went out of his way in the press to slam Dennis Ericson and encourage his brother and other kids at Chandler Hamilton, an AZ high school power house, to go elsewhere. So little brother goes to Washington and has a "player's coach" in Sark that encourages the same attitude of lazy, undisciplined, selfish players. Now, Petersen comes in with the same no nonsense, disciplined mind set as Graham and he books for NAU? He really has the althletic skill set but not the character it seems. He would have been better served just staying in Arizona in hind site. Pete is cleaning house and it will pay off big time just like what is going down at ASU lately. Next year will be tough with Washington having the lease returning starters in the PAC 12 but the process will work. Getting high character guys equals more wins.

I always wondered why Taylor wasn't used more, especially since the kid flashed so much promise and potential in HS.

I'm beginning to think that bolded part is a big reason why he never really saw the field under Sark and Petersen
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

This.

A true watershed moment.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Meetings are the biggest waste of time 9 times out of 10

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Not to go way OT, but several years ago I had to go to three straight hours of meetings. On a Friday. Between 1 and 4.

Usually between 3 and 15 minutes were relevant to me.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Not to go way OT, but several years ago I had to go to three straight hours of meetings. On a Friday. Between 1 and 4.

Usually between 3 and 15 minutes were relevant to me.
    I hate loyalty checks with the burning intensity of a thousand suns.