Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

8 AM Tomorrow, CSPAN. Netenyahu addresses a Joint Session of the U.S. Congress.

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

There's this little thing called diplomacy and getting people or states to do things that you want. At the moment Israel is rather shit at it, but I have hope that they'll figure it out. Luckily their military is strong enough to buy time in any defensive war.

Right because all those fuck heads around them just want peace

What do they teach kids these days?

They've been attacked already several times. When you're adversaries position is for you to not exist the options for diplomacy narrow
    Is backing down unilaterally diplomacy? That's what I thought. A greater threat to Israel than Iranian nukes is the possibility that the international community delegitimizes then and enforces Palestinian statehood. They're dealing with the entire world, not just the middle east; doing stuff like announcing new settlements when american politicians are visiting Jerusalem is childish and unhelpful.
    There are multiple threats. Pretty easy to hide behind a computer screen and act like an expert when it isn't your ass on the line (RIP brents)

Fuck the little savage Pali trash. If they wanted their own state they would have it. 50 years and they haven't done shit but put TNT on their kids back.

Nobody outside of the American campus takes those fucks seriously

• d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109

There's this little thing called diplomacy and getting people or states to do things that you want. At the moment Israel is rather shit at it, but I have hope that they'll figure it out. Luckily their military is strong enough to buy time in any defensive war.

"Before truth, the right fork."

So much for diplomacy... If you can't trust an Ayatollah, who can you trust? BTW, is that Nancy Pelosi in the front row?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FO725Hbzfls
    edited March 2015
    Is backing down unilaterally diplomacy? That's what I thought. A greater threat to Israel than Iranian nukes is the possibility that the international community delegitimizes then and enforces Palestinian statehood. They're dealing with the entire world, not just the middle east; doing stuff like announcing new settlements [bombarding school children with hundreds of rockets from Gaza] when american politicians are visiting Jerusalem is childish and unhelpful.

fixed.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Still not getting it I see. Diplomacy in certain circles has the taint of Chamberlain, but really any interaction between two countries could qualify. Warfare itself is just the continuation of diplomacy through armed means. If Israel can convince other middle eastern powers to back their policies on Iran, even indirectly like the Saudis, then you don't have to go to war.

Is there any stomach for another middle east war on America? Because that's definitely where this would go if Israel attacks first.
    edited March 2015

Still not getting it I see. Diplomacy in certain circles has the taint of Chamberlain, but really any interaction between two countries could qualify. Warfare itself is just the continuation of diplomacy through armed means. If Israel can convince other middle eastern powers to back their policies on Iran, even indirectly like the Saudis, then you don't have to go to war.

Is there any stomach for another middle east war on America? Because that's definitely where this would go if Israel attacks first.

General George Patton: “Of course I agree. But the politicians never finish. They always stop short and leave us with another war to fight.”

If you remember, Patton wanted to use the next nuke on Moscow. How many millions of lives would that have saved? Personally, I can think of 55,000 dead young Americans who might still be alive, but for Russian Arms given to Ho Chi Minh.

Today, politicians have come up with another lethal tactic; leaving once we've won. We still have bases in Germany and Japan 70 years after WWII, don't we?.

Don't start something you don't intend to finish. We must wipe Radical Islam from the face of the earth, before they do it to us.

In 1990, George H.W. Bush declared Iraq, Iran, and North Korea the axis of evil. Today, after two half-assed wars and lots of "diplomacy", Iraq is occupied by Iran and ISIS, Iran is close to having nukes and ICBM's, and North Korea HAS nukes.

Yeah, let's negotiate some more.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    You guys act like you have some inside information on diplomacy in the middle east.
    2001400ex said:

You guys act like you have some inside information on diplomacy in the middle east.

"You can get negotiate much better with a kind word and a .38 than you can with a kind word alone." Al Capone

Maybe you should read the Koran? Pay attention to the parts where Allah wants somebody to murder you.
    d2d said:

2001400ex said:

"You can get negotiate much better with a kind word and a .38 than you can with a kind word alone." Al Capone

Maybe you should read the Koran? Pay attention to the parts where Allah wants somebody to murder you.
    The Quran? Da Fuq?
    d2d said:

2001400ex said:

Is this the quote you are referring to?

“Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.

[Al-Qur'an 60:8]

Why don't you look it up and send me the quote where it says in the Quran that Muslims should murder non Muslims.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    GHWB didn't coin the axis of evil, that was his kid
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    d2d said:

General George Patton: “Of course I agree. But the politicians never finish. They always stop short and leave us with another war to fight.”

If you remember, Patton wanted to use the next nuke on Moscow. How many millions of lives would that have saved? Personally, I can think of 55,000 dead young Americans who might still be alive, but for Russian Arms given to Ho Chi Minh.

Today, politicians have come up with another lethal tactic; leaving once we've won. We still have bases in Germany and Japan 70 years after WWII, don't we?.

Don't start something you don't intend to finish. We must wipe Radical Islam from the face of the earth, before they do it to us.

In 1990, George H.W. Bush declared Iraq, Iran, and North Korea the axis of evil. Today, after two half-assed wars and lots of "diplomacy", Iraq is occupied by Iran and ISIS, Iran is close to having nukes and ICBM's, and North Korea HAS nukes.

Yeah, let's negotiate some more.
    Gee, I wonder why that might be you stupid fuck.
    gargle away...
    AZDuck said:

GHWB didn't coin the axis of evil, that was his kid

Oh, that makes a huge difference. Never mind then.