Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Banner On Top of The Page Needs to LEAVE!

2»

Comments

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam

If you are going the funny route, there are better choices.

Disagree. That banner is some of Race's best work. Beautiful in its simplicity.

It's not bad, and it was chuckle worthy, but Fetters at the kick ass presser with lemon party on the tv is Race's best work I have seen.

This banner is ill-placed as it forces you to scroll down to see the start of every page.

The lemon party on the tv was perhaps the greatest piece of work I've ever seen from Race.
    You obviously didn't see the pic of Fleenor and Woodward hugging each other in S&M gear.

I nearly shit my pants LOLing.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,420 Founders Club

It's not bad, and it was chuckle worthy, but Fetters at the kick ass presser with lemon party on the tv is Race's best work I have seen.

This banner is ill-placed as it forces you to scroll down to see the start of every page.

The lemon party on the tv was perhaps the greatest piece of work I've ever seen from Race.
    As I've said, in the near future the banner will be considerably smaller.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

You obviously didn't see the pic of Fleenor and Woodward hugging each other in S&M gear.

I nearly shit my pants LOLing.
    LOL! That one needs to make a return. I gotta see it.

• GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333

Meek said:

Meek said:

subscribers who pay $120/yr voted for the banner on the premium boards so if you're just here for the free boreds I'm going to have to say sorry.

Are we seriously using the same jokes 5 years in a row?
    although it feels like five years in a row, this place where free speech is acceptable has only been a respectable bidness for a year. i do feel ya though irishdog... actually, the reality is it's been 10 years in a row and we only started bitching five years ago and dawgman decided that friending woody was the most important thing.
    We started bitching much before 5 years ago. Some people like to forget UW had to beat Finland to go 1-11 a few years before they went 0-12. *sizzle*
    Simple fact.

If you weren't hating everything about the direction of this program after Rick got plunger raped by Miami 65-7, you're a bandwagoner.
    Fixed for accuracy.
    That loss said a lot, but even I have enough perspective to not panic less than a year after winning a Rose Bowl and popping off.
    Agreed I didn't actually start losing faith in this program until they fired Rick in June of 2003. Gilby was a proven loser at Cal.

Then to bring him back after underachieving going 6-6 had me worried we were fucked which has been true.

If they were truly upset with Rick they should have let him coached out the 2003 season then fire him at the end of the year. UW didn't have a losing season at that time in 27 years and could have easily brought in a big time coach so the program didn't have to suffer through a 1-10, 2-9 and ultimately an 0-12.
    Totally agree. To fire a coach in June is lunacy. Of course, Babs and the NCAA made it worse by screwing up the firing so that Rick would have beaten them in court and so they had to settle. But there was no reason to can him immediately, and jeopardize the season. We had Cody Pickett and Reggie Williams and a reasonably solid defense, though Rick had made the mistake of hiring Cozzetto to toughen up the OL. But we easily could have kept Rick through a bowl game and sent him on his merry way, then hired a big time replacement. That is where the downward cycle of the past decade began.