Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,948 Founders Club

Beat Stanford

Beat Oregon

Beat off

BRB, JO.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112

Beat Stanford

Beat Oregon

Beat off

You can leave now and beat the traffic, or you can stay here and beat your meat
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    To become elite? Fire Mora. It would be a huge risk though because he is a solid coach. I don't think he has "it" to become an elite one though.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,622 Standard Supporter
    One of the writers on that site is named Wang. So there's that.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    If "elite" is used with anything other than basketball at UCLA ... odds are that it will never happen.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Jealousy all over this thread. Mora took over a worse program than UW and he's way ahead of Peterson's trajectory.

Elite isn't guaranteed, but he's winning 75% of his games and the next three years look to have better talent and a better staff. Deal with it road doog.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,607 Founders Club
    edited February 2015

Way ahead?

Yes. His first year he was a few plays away from a rose bowl. Peterson got plungered in the cactus bowel. Maybe you missed it in-between episodes of fixer-upper?

Year 2 - 10 wins and top15 finish. Year 3-10 wins top10 final AP poll. Where's UW going to be the next two years?

Way ahead.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Mora was left with a RS Frosh in Hundley ... Petersen was left was Miley Cyrus ... need I say more?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited February 2015

Jealousy all over this thread. Mora took over a worse program than UW and he's way ahead of Peterson's trajectory.

Elite isn't guaranteed, but he's winning 75% of his games and the next three years look to have better talent and a better staff. Deal with it road doog.

Elite isn't happening unless something miraculous happens to your defense. I doubt anything changes. 9 and 10 win seasons, 11 max. Don't have the discipline and coaching to become elite.

I said Mora is a solid coach. And yes, right now UCLA is a stronger program than UW, even though this has nothing to do with UW or Peterman. It's time to retire the Cockus act.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

A team (UCLA 2012) with Hundley, Johnathan Franklin, Joseph Fauria, Su'a-Filo, Baca on offense and Barr, Kendricks, Zumwalt, Datone Jones, Cassius Marsh, and Odighizuwa on defense is definitely not worse than what Petersen took over at UW.

Neuhiesel had the cupboard full for UCLA when Mora arrived. Sark didn't know what the cupboard was used for because he always ate out at Joey's.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Mora has done a very good job and has proven he can build a contender. Can he get it over the top to being a top 10 program regularly? I think there is some doubt there but can't put my finger on what it is.

Ultimately, I think he is going back to the NFL sooner rather than later. You don't have interviews/discussions with NFL teams 3 years into another gig that is going well if you have long-term plans.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,545 Founders Club
    Ballsacked is approaching Mr. Bug territory.
    edited February 2015

Elite isn't happening unless something miraculous happens to your defense. I doubt anything changes. 9 and 10 win seasons, 11 max. Don't have the discipline and coaching to become elite.

I said Mora is a solid coach. And yes, right now UCLA is a stronger program than UW, even though this has nothing to do with UW or Peterman. It's time to retire the Cockus act.
    LOL @ 'elite will never happen'. How would you or I know? Elite by definition is improbable, but to rule it out completely for UCLA or UW at this point is FS.

Especially when it's yr3 and Mora has won more games in his first 3 years than any other coach in school history after taking over the worst decade in school history. And in year 4 he is upping the talent, upping the staff and the schedule gets easier. How can you rule out elite as not a possibility? If Peterson does the same thing Mora has done you'll be tonsils deep saying he's the 2nd coming of Don James.

The bias is real, maybe you're mad you didn't get accepted into UCLA? It's very odd.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,456 Founders Club

Mora has done a very good job and has proven he can build a contender. Can he get it over the top to being a top 10 program regularly? I think there is some doubt there but can't put my finger on what it is.

Ultimately, I think he is going back to the NFL sooner rather than later. You don't have interviews/discussions with NFL teams 3 years into another gig that is going well if you have long-term plans.

It's great leverage to get raises.

Good nuanced take Chest, I agree with this. Give a lesson to your boy RoadDoog, he thinks he's skip bayless.

The thing many can't put their finger on - why is Stanford still kicking the shit out of the bruins? Oregon - ok. They've been elite. Stanford - not so much. Mora is 13-2 vs the south but owen6 vs Stanford & Oregon.