Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Michael Saunders steps on a sprinkler

and is out for half the season with a torn meniscus. A victorious trade by the Mariners!

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was a big fan of the trade even before this happened.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited February 2015
    my argument was his injury history was overblown in the past. If he misses half the season again as they say he will, I won't argue that anymore.
    I do sort of like Happ, the guy they got for him though. Although they could've gotten more if they didn't publicly attack him
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

my argument was his injury history was overblown in the past. If he misses half the season again as they say he will, I won't argue that anymore.
    I do sort of like Happ, the guy they got for him though. Although they could've gotten more if they didn't publicly attack him

dhdawg said:

Happ couldn't stand out on the Astros, hth
  • Options

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

That was a while ago. He threw the ball okay last year and his pitching style fits really well in safeco. I see him as a solid #4 and a better version of chris young
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

That was a while ago. He threw the ball okay last year and his pitching style fits really well in safeco. I see him as a solid #4 and a better version of chris young
    I think you're Marinoorin it up a little bit. I'll be shocked if he gives you more than Young did.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

dhdawg said:

I think you're Marinoorin it up a little bit. I'll be shocked if he gives you more than Young did.
    ERA wise probably not, but young was incredibly lucky last year. FIP of 5+, K/BB ratio under 2/1. Happ is better than that.
    I think happ can put up a similar ERA (3.8-4) with better peripherals than young for the m's