Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen interview with Mitch this morning

Flat out told Mitch he doesn't like talking with the media because they twist and lie. Mitch of course tried the whole "well if we aren't told that's when we tend to make things up" and Peterman pretty much said that just makes him more put off by them.

I fucking hate how the media thinks they are entitled to answers just because they are the media. If you are good at your job and don't ask extremely lazy questions then you should be able to get answers you want.

Overall the interview was decent though. Said he isn't happy with the average performance last year. Didn't hear any excuses about the overall record. Said the defense played great at times and the offense didn't respond and its up to him to figure that out this season. It was refreshing to not hear about how awesome next season will be because they guys are practicing harder than ever.

I really do hope this coaching stint works out because Petersen is a likable/respectable coach and person.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,362 Swaye's Wigwam
    I still love CP as the head coach of UW and am excited for the future....but the boner in my sweatpants has gone down.

His glaring coaching mistakes which had me baffled in the Stanford, ASU and Arizona games...and the retention of Smith as OC leaves me with doubt that I never had about him before.
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    Mitch acts as if Peterman is asking the media not to air the games on television or radio and only report the scores the next day. It seems pretty obvious that he is fine fulfilling his obligations to the media but does not think it be wise, or respectful for that matter, to divulge detailed information about the personal goings on of an organization of nearly 100 college kids. If the media has issue then raise it with UW or the NCAA or STFU.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,594 Founders Club

Alexis said:

Ian just played an bit from the interview where Peterman denied Peters got into a fight with an assistant. So Ian says that Peterman is calling Jood a liar for posting it and says that's why you need open practices.

To me, that's a perfect example of why Peterman wouldn't want open practices.

Furness and his sidekick Puckett are always taking jabs at Petersen. Making fun of his OKG thing, his hearing his press conferences, how white his teeth are, jokes about how he looks sick because he is in shape.

I always get a kick out of it when fat people describe people who aren't fat "sick".
    That's
    rich coming from those fat fags. Furness looked awful on KCPQ about a year ago.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Alexis said:

Ian just played an bit from the interview where Peterman denied Peters got into a fight with an assistant. So Ian says that Peterman is calling Jood a liar for posting it and says that's why you need open practices.

Furness and his sidekick Puckett are always taking jabs at Petersen. Making fun of his OKG thing, his hearing his press conferences, how white his teeth are, jokes about how he looks sick because he is in shape.

I always get a kick out of it when fat people describe people who aren't fat "sick".
    Not that it matters, but Petersen might be the skinniest coach in college football. He looks like a cross country runner. Rail thin looks kind of strange on a grown man (75k).
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,549 Founders Club

Alexis said:

Not that it matters, but Petersen might be the skinniest coach in college football. He looks like a cross country runner. Rail thin looks kind of strange on a grown man (75k).
    Just wait til Joey's gets ahold of him.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,594 Founders Club
    I think the people who expect a similar record to his Boise St record or Chip's four year run are going to be disappointed (I haven't really seen those expectations).

It's possible, but it for a program outside of the Bammer/THE OSU/SC/OU royalty, it's really difficult and rare. Even with Uncle Philly's unlimited money to buy video gaymes, weed, cops, and NCAA officials, it's surprising Oregon has done what it has accomplished. Kelly was a diamond in the rough they found in remote New England.

We're probably looking at more of a Miles LSU run in which they win 8-12 games. There probably won't be two national championships. Only SEC teams win championships with two losses...
  • MrsPetersenMrsPetersen Member Posts: 724

Puckett and Furness are the dumb and dumber of KJR. Their antics contributed to KJR losing the UW contract and they still act like fucking clowns. Don't worry Funess, if KJR folds you can be a spokesperson for 30-10 weight loss. Looks like you only have a double chin now.

I saw Angie Mantank on one of those commercials awhile back.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Puckett and Furness are the dumb and dumber of KJR. Their antics contributed to KJR losing the UW contract and they still act like fucking clowns. Don't worry Funess, if KJR folds you can be a spokesperson for 30-10 weight loss. Looks like you only have a double chin now.

I saw Angie Mantank on one of those commercials awhile back.
    Mantank….hehe…..good one.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,131
    KJR really has a thing against Peterman. Maybe he told them to fuck off the same day he kicked Kim out of his office but no one on the KJR staff ever has anything nice to say about him