Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rose hurt again

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Water remains wet

Cavs win the East

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Eric Bedard thinks Rose is a pussy
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm starting to come around to the Cavs. Cavs or Hawks.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Superstars remain supreme come playoff time. I take the Cavs over the Hawks.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

San Antonio says hi.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

San Antonio says hi.
    Duncan is a superstar. His game remains the same at his old age. Also Parker and Ginobli are championship pieces.

Spurs aside, the only other "team" to win a championship in the modern Era was the Pistons.
  • Options
    HuskiesADWHuskiesADW Member Posts: 141
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

San Antonio says hi.
    Duncan is a superstar. His game remains the same at his old age. Also Parker and Ginobli are championship pieces.

Spurs aside, the only other "team" to win a championship in the modern Era was the Pistons.
    The Mavs.....
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dirk is a superstar.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

San Antonio says hi.

The Mavs.....
    Dirk was the MVP that year.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2015
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

San Antonio says hi.

This. If Olajuwon was a superstar, so is Duncan. The 94 and 95 rockets weren't constructed any differently than Spurs teams. Olajuwon and a shitload of role players. Drexler late in his career was a championship piece as Doogles puts it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Duncan is still very good. The Spurs did not have a superstar last year though. They had a bunch of very good players. No single player carried them like a typical superstar. The current Hawks are built the same way.

The Mavs are a bad example because Dirk was the best player in the playoffs that year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

San Antonio says hi.

This. If Olajuwon was a superstar, so is Duncan. The 94 and 95 rockets weren't constructed any differently than Spurs teams. Olajuwon and a shitload of role players. Drexler late in his career was a championship piece as Doogles puts it.
    Hakeem was averaging 25 points per game for those two titles. He dominated David Robinson and Shaq in the playoffs.

Pretty big difference from what Duncan has done the past few years.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

San Antonio says hi.

Hakeem was averaging 25 points per game for those two titles. He dominated David Robinson and Shaq in the playoffs.

Pretty big difference from what Duncan has done the past few years.
    The only old man Spurs ring was last year. Before that 2007 and I'm pretty sure Duncan was playing Hakeem level ball in '03, '05, and '07 or at least close. The misconception is that the Spurs have won multiple rings with old man Duncan, but it's only 1.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited February 2015
    Q for peeps who willingly watch a lot of NBA before April: Where did the Hawks come from? I've never even heard of any of their players besides Corver, and I thought he was some white boy bench warmer type.

Also, are they a real threat or Clippers East?