Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I expect Carroll to establish the run tonight.......

That's what great coaches do that want to keep the other teams QB off the field.

I'm looking for an 8:1 run/pass ratio.

I don't have time to watch a meaningless game, you will have to update me. I will be busy flipping between the Sounders and Mariners.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,011
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    so far so good...looked good vs. Dumbver starters. Kearse had a k.o. return for td. Wilson made some Lockner dumbass throws..guess Hugh and I are raycissst
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

so far so good...looked good vs. Dumbver starters. Kearse had a k.o. return for td. Wilson made some Lockner dumbass throws..guess Hugh and I are raycissst

His throws were a tad high today but early on he was playing in midseason form. Seattle once again showing they are a well coached team. Play great offense with running the ball and smart QB play, great attacking defense and of course great special teams.

I love how Carroll takes these undrafted FA's or late round picks and coaches them up(what a concept right?) to be studs.

It's very easy to see why Carroll was such a stud at USC where he can pick and choose any player he wants, coaches them up, etc.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Seahawks passed the ball 18 times in the first half. Seahawks ran the ball 14 times. The running game wasn't very effective in the first half with Turbin and Lynch rushing 11 times for 36 yards.

Not sure why you put in that they played great offense with running the ball. They came out throwing the ball and did most of their damage through the air. That trend continued into the third quarter with Jackson throwing the ball effectively as well. If anything this game shows that their passing game is progressing to a level that both the pass and rush offense should be weapons this seasons. Making them a more complete offense this season.
  • Options
    1st-10, SEA35 13:50 R. Wilson passed to G. Tate to the right for 9 yard gain
    2nd-1, SEA44 13:30 M. Lynch rushed to the left for no gain
    3rd-1, SEA44 12:47 R. Turbin rushed to the right for 1 yard gain
    1st-10, SEA45 12:09 Seattle committed 10 yard penalty
    1st-20, SEA35 12:03 R. Wilson passed to D. Baldwin to the right for 16 yard gain
    2nd-4, DEN49 11:24 R. Turbin rushed up the middle for 7 yard gain
    1st-10, DEN42 11:02 R. Wilson sacked by W. Woodyard
    2nd-11, DEN43 10:42 R. Wilson passed to S. McGrath down the middle for 23 yard gain
    1st-10, DEN20 10:05 R. Turbin rushed up the middle for 5 yard gain
    2nd-5, DEN15 9:27 R. Turbin rushed up the middle for 8 yard gain
    1st-7, DEN7 8:54 Seattle committed 5 yard penalty
    1st-12, DEN12 8:37 R. Wilson fumbled. R. Wilson recovered fumble
    3rd-12, DEN12 8:37 R. Wilson passed to J. Kearse to the left for 12 yard touchdown. S. Hauschka made PAT. Denver committed 15 yard penalty

First drive of the game the Seahawks ran the ball five times and threw the ball five times.

The Seahawks ran a balance attack plus played great attacking defense and had good play from their special teams return games.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    They actually had 6 passing plays. The 10 yard penalty was on a pass play. Anyone that has watched more than 5 minutes of football in their life could see that the passing game carried them on the first drive as well as the next 3. They had 21yds on 4 carries on the first drive. 4yds per play isn't bad, but not up to Hawk standards.

It's actually a good thing. Their passing game is much more advanced than it was this time last year. Even at the end of last year they often started games throwing the ball, then running later. The playoff games showed this trend.

You are trying real hard to show them as a run to set up the pass team. Not sure why you are trying so hard. Nothing wrong with them being an equally balanced offense.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_ said:

They actually had 6 passing plays. The 10 yard penalty was on a pass play. Anyone that has watched more than 5 minutes of football in their life could see that the passing game carried them on the first drive as well as the next 3. They had 21yds on 4 carries on the first drive. 4yds per play isn't bad, but not up to Hawk standards.

It's actually a good thing. Their passing game is much more advanced than it was this time last year. Even at the end of last year they often started games throwing the ball, then running later. The playoff games showed this trend.

You are trying real hard to show them as a run to set up the pass team. Not sure why you are trying so hard. Nothing wrong with them being an equally balanced offense.

What part of "The Seahawks ran a balance attack plus played great attacking defense and had good play from their special teams return games" didn't you understand?

I said they ran a balance offense.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,712
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    this entire thread needs to be nuked
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    I don't know if imaloser actually believes the shit that comes out of his mouth but why are you guys even bothering to argue with him? The Seahawks led the league in rushing attempts and rushing plays by percentage last year. http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-rushing-play-percentage/2012/ Case closed. And comparing it to college is fucktarded. You could run the ball 100% of the time in college and win games. You can't compare the numbers.
  • Options

IMALOSER_ said:

What part of "The Seahawks ran a balance attack plus played great attacking defense and had good play from their special teams return games" didn't you understand?

Not even close to what you said. You tried to emphasize running the ball and didn't mention a "balanced attack". Nice back pedal. Sherman has nothing on you.

"play great offense with running the ball"
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2013
    Pete never had to deal with 0-12...
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,291
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    IMALOSER_ said:

IMALOSER_ said:

Not even close to what you said. You tried to emphasize running the ball and didn't mention a "balanced attack". Nice back pedal. Sherman has nothing on you.

"play great offense with running the ball"
    Nice cherry pick.

Even someone with just half a brain would notice that comment was referring to Carroll's overall style of coaching and the way his teams play.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

so far so good...looked good vs. Dumbver starters. Kearse had a k.o. return for td. Wilson made some Lockner dumbass throws..guess Hugh and I are raycissst</blo

pretty sure the dipshit was kidding about Sounders/mariners? If not, go to doogman you sissy both. they worship mariner/sounder threads, oh and lady hoppers and softballers

• Options

I've always thought Pete inherited a bigger mess than Sark did at UW. That roster that Pete inherited was fucking terrible.

Sark's roster wasn't as bad as people want to make it out to be.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I've always thought Pete inherited a bigger mess than Sark did at UW. That roster that Pete inherited was fucking terrible.

Sark's roster wasn't as bad as people want to make it out to be.
    yea but still