Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark defends himself as the play caller

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,683
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
On with Elise and the Brewery last week Sark clearly points out the benefits ofbeing the head coach and the play caller.

He goes on to talk about how he can get a feel for the tempo of the game and if the defense iso on the field too much he can dial up more runs. So he that can control the game.

So an offensive coordinator who is calling the game can't get a feel for the game because he isn't the head coach? You have to really wonder this guys head is at? If you listen to Sark he really says some of the most bizarre shit.

Dialing up more runs? What a novel idea.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

It's part of his politician act. He's just speaks in circles without actually making any sense. Skirt around the issue with some bullshit, than move on to the next topic. If the interviewers were any good, they would ask a follow up about why an OC couldn't get a feel for the game. Of course, the pussies at KJR will never do that.

I don't have a problem with the head coach calling plays. Some head coaches are so good at calling plays that it would be idiotic to not have them call plays (ex: Urban Meyer, Chip). Sark is not one of those guys.

Sark has always reminded me of a politician with his speeches and never backing it up.

Of course our pussy media who is more worried about access than doing their fucking job will never ask tough schedules and especially won't ask tough follow up questions.

I personally think a HC calling the plays on either side of the ball is a bad thing. I think you are too busy focusing on one side of the ball that other details tend to get overlooked.

I'd rather Sark have input on the offense and make the tough decisions(to kick, to go for it, etc) than have his head buried in his play sheet and missing the details of the game.

I look at Saban who is a defensive genius and he doesn't even call his own plays. He lets his coaches develop as coaches while also managing all aspects of his program.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They almost were 9-4.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,631
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So that means Sanky will be second in carries instead of third?
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He may want to watch the AC & the Vegas Bowl before his next appearance.
  • Options
    IMALOSER_IMALOSER_ Member Posts: 158
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

So that means Sanky will be second in carries instead of third?

On the team or the Pac-12? Getting kind of vague with your use of Statistics. What did they do in 2009?
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Just sit Sark down in his fancy new office and show him the Oregon State game from last year, 2012. It was the worst series of playcalls I've EVER seen. I've brought it up many times, and should have cost the dawgs the game. I wish it did, maybe then we would have fired the dipshitstick.

I lost faith in Sark completely then as an OC. But have many times prior. he talks about rhythm in play-calling. he has none really, he's like a guy with two left feet, or two left hands. Zero run-to-pass rhythm. He panics, thus makes bad decisions.

I'm adamant about this, if Sark gives up play calling he could win the Pac 12 north next year. . If he doesn't we will never get past 9-4

• Options

Just sit Sark down in his fancy new office and show him the Oregon State game from last year, 2012. It was the worst series of playcalls I've EVER seen. I've brought it up many times, and should have cost the dawgs the game. I wish it did, maybe then we would have fired the dipshitstick.

I lost faith in Sark completely then as an OC. But have many times prior. he talks about rhythm in play-calling. he has none really, he's like a guy with two left feet, or two left hands. Zero run-to-pass rhythm. He panics, thus makes bad decisions.

I'm adamant about this, if Sark gives up play calling he could win the Pac 12 north next year. . If he doesn't we will never get past 9-4

You lost faith after last years OSU game? Fuck, even I lost faith a year earlier than that when he waited to play an "injured" Keith Price until the game was out of hand.

By far his biggest f-up to date. Playing Montana on the road, when Price was good to go.
  • Options

I had always believed in Sark until the Oregon.......State game.

Just doesn't have the same ring to it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2013
    The very first time I questioned Sark was when we lost 41-0 to Stanford in 2010. That was a pathetic showing, and I thought something was wrong to lose like that. He ended up redeeming that loss by winning 4 straight to close the year. I know Nebraska didn't want to be there, but I loved the physical football we played in that game on both sides of the ball. I actually thought Sark had learned.

When the defense sucked early in 2011, I was worried. By the Oregon State game I had serious doubts, and after the Baylor game I wanted Sark (not just Holt) gone. He was running a pussy program that was drastically worse than the team that beat Nebraska.

The doog in me got excited for 2012. I thought it we improved on defense (which we did), we might have a good season. I never dreamed Sark could fuck it up as badly as he did. The LSU game was the final straw for me when I realized that Sark would never be able to get it done. The record hasn't been good enough, but it goes well beyond the record. The soft play, undisciplined team, recruiting misses, shifting the blame elsewhere. I'm fucking tired of it, and we need to get a real fucking coach. What's the point of keeping a coach that is average and commonly is out coached?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,291
    Founders Club

The very first time I questioned Sark was when we lost 41-0 to Stanford in 2010. That was a pathetic showing, and I thought something was wrong to lose like that. He ended up redeeming that loss by winning 4 straight to close the year. I know Nebraska didn't want to be there, but I loved the physical football we played in that game on both sides of the ball. I actually thought Sark had learned.

This was similar to the 2011 Oregon St game and Keith Price healthy enough to play but not to start.

Sark and I'm assuming Cozzetto decided to start Porter at right guard and Kohler at right tackle as true freshmen, meanwhile, normal starters Cristine (guard) and Habben (tackle) sat but came in by the 3rd or 4th series (mostly 3 and outs) after Kohler and Porter were getting abused. Porter, prior to his shoulder injury, was on track to be a great offensive lineman but to put 2 true freshmen side by side against a pretty good Stanford D was nearly criminal.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

This was similar to the 2011 Oregon St game and Keith Price healthy enough to play but not to start.

Sark and I'm assuming Cozzetto decided to start Porter at right guard and Kohler at right tackle as true freshmen, meanwhile, normal starters Cristine (guard) and Habben (tackle) sat but came in by the 3rd or 4th series (mostly 3 and outs) after Kohler and Porter were getting abused. Porter, prior to his shoulder injury, was on track to be a great offensive lineman but to put 2 true freshmen side by side against a pretty good Stanford D was nearly criminal.
    Yep, I remember that. Then Sark does the same shit and plays Brostek two years later. I have a hard time believing Brostek was thriving in practice, so why the fuck did thy throw him out there.

He played bad against Portland State, was a turnstile against Stanford for a couple of series, and was rarely seen again after that. By the end of the year, he was moved to DL.

• Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited August 2013
    There not one great college coach that calls his own plays.

The Head Coach is a general, watching the big picture, not a captain leading a platoon in battle.

Cream Puff has Zero feel for the flow of the game. His head is always buried in the playbook. Watch him. He's devising plays in his head, in a complete vacuum. That's why he pulls these off the wall plays out of his ass. In reality, he probably doesn't see how our run blocking actually works at times and Sankey is pounding it even if a run or two don't produce much. I'm not trying to be snarky and cute. This is what I see, maybe I'm wrong.

The only reason this guy had any success as OC at U$C is the talent level. I could have called plays for those teams and look like a genius.
  • Options

There not one great college coach that calls his own plays.

The Head Coach is a general, watching the big picture, not a captain leading a platoon in battle.

Cream Puff has Zero feel for the flow of the game. His head is always buried in the playbook. Watch him. He's devising plays in his head, in a complete vacuum. That's why he pulls these off the wall plays out of his ass. In reality, he probably doesn't see how our run blocking actually works at times and Sankey is pounding it even if a run or two don't produce much. I'm not trying to be snarky and cute. This is what I see, maybe I'm wrong.

The only reason this guy had any success as OC at U$C is the talent level. I could have called plays for those teams and look like a genius.

Harbaugh and Kelly were hacks in college!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Harbaugh had an OC calling his plays? If so, I stand corrected. Even so, mentioning Stevie and Harbaugh in the same breath is a stretch.

Also, I'm in SEC territory, I don't get to see Stanford that often.
  • Options

Harbaugh had an OC calling his plays? If so, I stand corrected. Even so, mentioning Stevie and Harbaugh in the same breath is a stretch.

You stated no great college coaches call their own plays. Harbaugh and Kelly both called their own plays while in college. I just assumed you put them in the crappy category. Had nothing to do with Sark. It had to do with your making ignorant statements about there being no great Head Coaches that call their own plays. Carroll also called the defensive plays at USC.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,303
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2013
    IMALOSER_ said:

You stated no great college coaches call their own plays. Harbaugh and Kelly both called their own plays while in college. I just assumed you put them in the crappy category. Had nothing to do with Sark. It had to do with your making ignorant statements about there being no great Head Coaches that call their own plays. Carroll also called the defensive plays at USC.
    Most educated Husky fans could give two (fetter) shits if Sark was calling plays, if he was good at it. Harbaugh and Kelly called plays like a boxer. Everything was strategic, where it would set up another play call made two quarters later. Sark calls plays like you would in a video game. That's what pisses people off.
  • Options
    I'm a Loser sounds like one of the kids from dogboy.
  • Options

But he doesn't support Sark although every post he makes sounds like a pro Sark post.
  • Options

But he doesn't support Sark although every post he makes sounds like a pro Sark post.
    How can calling out a poster for stating "No great college coaches call their own plays".........be interpreted as supporting Sark? I've stated several times the past few weeks I don't like the offense Sark runs. It's not about play calling, it's not about Run/Pass ratio....it's about a crappy passing scheme.

I guess I should just let you guys all circle jerk to statements about great coaches not calling their own plays.

Why is it every time one of you fucktards get's called out for a stupid comment like the one above....it equates to Supporting Sark?