Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Manny and Mayweather Signed Sealed and Delivered

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
Looking forward to this fight ... will be far better than any UFC fight

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,084
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I guess so by default but boxing is dead to me. Never got into UFC at all. I can't believe they can pull in that much money for a fight that is 10 years too late in a sport that is over
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UFC is terrible. My sister-in-law's mouth breather boyfriend loves UFC and wanted to watch the fights when he visited around New Year's. After not being able to get a table at four or five places we found a shitty bar that had the fights. I couldn't believe people still watch this shit. I would have rather watched a Barry Manilow concert. Mouth breathers all around losing their shit over arm bars and epic take downs. Out of the four fights, there wasn't one knock out. Just two guys rolling around on the ground for the most part.

I will watch this fight, but it is 5-10 years too late. I don't like Mayweather fights either because he dances around and wins decisions. Boxing needs some good heavyweights. The Klitsco brothers need to DIAFF.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Do metro's watch boxing? Is it too barbaric J? Coming from a hillman-city boxer, ive been waiting for a decade for this. Both are old, but the fight is relative. Both are at similar stages of their careers. Should be awesome and absolutely as advertised

Finally a prime boxing event. Has been decades for me. Maybe now can we put to rest this silly MMA fighting and Ultimate fighting and knock them down a few pegs where they belong.. Its bullshit and not one fighter of similar class, at any level and of ANY league could compete with a championship boxer. MMA is the arena league of football. This fight is the superbowl.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

UFC is terrible. My sister-in-law's mouth breather boyfriend loves UFC and wanted to watch the fights when he visited around New Year's. After not being able to get a table at four or five places we found a shitty bar that had the fights. I couldn't believe people still watch this shit. I would have rather watched a Barry Manilow concert. Mouth breathers all around losing their shit over arm bars and epic take downs. Out of the four fights, there wasn't one knock out. Just two guys rolling around on the ground for the most part.

I will watch this fight, but it is 5-10 years too late. I don't like Mayweather fights either because he dances around and wins decisions. Boxing needs some good heavyweights. The Klitsco brothers need to DIAFF.

THIS

If they had done it three years ago........maybe. But now, it's completely irrelevent. Beating Manny now does absolutely nothing for Floyd's resume. I honestly think there are 3-4 guys Floyd could fight that would provide more value to his legacy than a worn out Manny.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,084
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Once upon a time there was nothing like a heavyweight title fight. One of the benefits of being old is seeing Ali in his pre suspension prime knock fools out. ABC Wide World of Sports with Howard Cosell and Ali commenting on the taped showing of his fights. The post suspension fights with Frazier. The knock out of the unbeatable George Foreman.

Larry Holmes and Ernie Shavers.

Then Mike Tyson before women and coke beat him. There was nothing and probably never will be anything like the buildup to a Tyson fight before Douglass stripped him of his aura. Spinks lasting 53 seconds.

I think boxing could make a comeback today if we could get heavy weights back and there weren't 81 different titles. You need a superman and a rival
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You couldn't make a better entertainer than Tyson. The baddest mother fucker in the world talking about eating babies in his high pitched, lispy fag voice.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Once upon a time there was nothing like a heavyweight title fight. One of the benefits of being old is seeing Ali in his pre suspension prime knock fools out. ABC Wide World of Sports with Howard Cosell and Ali commenting on the taped showing of his fights. The post suspension fights with Frazier. The knock out of the unbeatable George Foreman.

Larry Holmes and Ernie Shavers.

Then Mike Tyson before women and coke beat him. There was nothing and probably never will be anything like the buildup to a Tyson fight before Douglass stripped him of his aura. Spinks lasting 53 seconds.

I think boxing could make a comeback today if we could get heavy weights back and there weren't 81 different titles. You need a superman and a rival

I also think the promoters need to go away. Fights need to be set up by rank, so fighters can't duck one another. It's just rediculous the amount of bickering that goes on in these negotiations.