Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2013 Schedule

CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Looking at next year's schedule, I don't see it being so special. 8-4 is possible but it could 7-5 yet again.

3-0 is likely in non-conference games only because UW plays BSU at Husky Stadium but 5-4 is a likely PAC 12 record...again. I don't see UW beating Stanford or Oregon. Oregon State is on the road so that's a likely loss. UCLA or ASU is a road game against a fast-paced offense. Count that as a loss. Arizona and either ASU or UCLA at home are also potential losses

Non-conference games:

Win - Boise St. Yes, BSU just beat UW but it's the home opener in the new stadium. I think Sark will find a way to motivate the team for this one.
Win - at Illinois. Illini absolutely suck.
Win - Idaho St. I wonder if Sark pays Pool Boy for these kind of games.

PAC 12 games:

Win - Cal
Loss - Stanford. David Shaw finally figured out he was playing the wrong QB.
Loss - Oregon. Chip Kelly might leave, the NCAA might drop the hammer but the results will remain the same.
Loss - Oregon St. Mike Riley is a great coach. Everyone says so.
? - UCLA. If it's on the road, it's a loss.
? - Arizona. Arizona runs the spread. Sark has yet to defend the spread but it's probably at home.
? - Arizona St. See UCLA comments.
Win - Utah. Potentially dangerous game at that altitude.
Win - Washington St

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,350 Founders Club
    I wouldn't assume Cal is a win. Lots of physical talent there. If Dykes cracks down on the primadonnas he might engineer a relatively quick turnaround.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581

I wouldn't assume Cal is a win. Lots of physical talent there. If Dykes cracks down on the primadonnas he might engineer a relatively quick turnaround.

It takes at least 5 years to turn around a program, just ask anyone at Dawgman

• section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    Seven home games next year, other than the annual plunger rape by Oregon most of those games should be winnable but Boise makes me nervous. They have a habit of going on the road early in the year and making good teams/coaches look bad let alone seven win wonders.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club
    Good point about Cal especially if UW is reeling from some bad losses.

4 for sure losses I see are whOregon (ROFL), Oregon St and Stanford plus whichever team we play on the road between ASU and UCLA. Add in 1 more shit the bed game and UW is 7-5....again.
  • BAMAdawg10BAMAdawg10 Member Posts: 145
    section8 said:

It takes at least 5 years to turn around a program, just ask anyone at Dawgman

And if it takes longer than that, it's because the coach fired his staff and needs more time to get new players in for the new assistants.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,693 Founders Club
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    section8 said:

It takes at least 5 years to turn around a program, just ask @puppylove_sugarsteel

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,898 Founders Club

Looking at next year's schedule, I don't see it being so special. 8-4 is possible but it could 7-5 yet again.

3-0 is likely in non-conference games only because UW plays BSU at Husky Stadium but 5-4 is a likely PAC 12 record...again. I don't see UW beating Stanford or Oregon. Oregon State is on the road so that's a likely loss. UCLA or ASU is a road game against a fast-paced offense. Count that as a loss. Arizona and either ASU or UCLA at home are also potential losses

Non-conference games:

Win - Boise St. Yes, BSU just beat UW but it's the home opener in the new stadium. I think Sark will find a way to motivate the team for this one.
    Win - at Illinois. Illini absolutely suck.
    Win - Idaho St. I wonder if Sark pays Pool Boy for these kind of games.

PAC 12 games:

Win - Cal
    Loss - Stanford. David Shaw finally figured out he was playing the wrong QB.
    Loss - Oregon. Chip Kelly might leave, the NCAA might drop the hammer but the results will remain the same.
    Loss - Oregon St. Mike Riley is a great coach. Everyone says so.
    ? - UCLA. If it's on the road, it's a loss.
    ? - Arizona. Arizona runs the spread. Sark has yet to defend the spread but it's probably at home.
    ? - Arizona St. See UCLA comments.
    Win - Utah. Potentially dangerous game at that altitude.
    Win - Washington St

Link to the actual 2013 results: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/pac-10/2013-washington-huskies-football-schedule.php

Apparently my assessment of Mike Riley being a great coach was wrong and I somehow misses that UW played @BuffBuffPass that year.