Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Comparing NFL and high school 40-yard dash times: A horrifying revelation

2»

Comments

• Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

HuskyInAZ said:

CMBTvet05 said:

I can actually understand how guys on the OL get slower from high school to NFL. When you put on 40+ pounds its not hard to believe that comes at a price

News Flash, turbo. The HS 40 times are BS. Not a big fan of ripping new poasters, but when it's this FS, I can't help myself.
    The HS times are BS AND lineman who put on 40 pounds lose a little speed.

'Bundance.

From the list, the average overstatement of 40 times is for LBs at .18 seconds. The average for OL is .12 seconds, the same as for RBs. The Safety position is nipping at their heels, with an overstatement of .11 seconds. Are the LBs, RBs and Safeties putting on 40 pounds as well?

This is all about BS hand-timed 40s and exaggerations. I'm pretty sure as a rule, kids get faster, not slower, in their 18-23 year old timeframe.

Abundance? Not so much.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HuskyInAZ said:

dnc said:

HuskyInAZ said:

CMBTvet05 said:

I can actually understand how guys on the OL get slower from high school to NFL. When you put on 40+ pounds its not hard to believe that comes at a price

News Flash, turbo. The HS 40 times are BS. Not a big fan of ripping new poasters, but when it's this FS, I can't help myself.
    The HS times are BS AND lineman who put on 40 pounds lose a little speed.

'Bundance.

From the list, the average overstatement of 40 times is for LBs at .18 seconds. The average for OL is .12 seconds, the same as for RBs. The Safety position is nipping at their heels, with an overstatement of .11 seconds. Are the LBs, RBs and Safeties putting on 40 pounds as well?

This is all about BS hand-timed 40s and exaggerations. I'm pretty sure as a rule, kids get faster, not slower, in their 18-23 year old timeframe.

Abundance? Not so much.
    but still