Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Currently watching- The Newsroom

TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
Oh my god is this a good show. I don't love Jeff Daniels but the rest of the cast is really good. I give it a 9 out 10.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    Fucking librul media
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Fucking librul media

The show might be liberal but only in the best sense of the word. It's high-minded and it's pro-American. It's also a scathing review of the media. Which is hard to marry with the fact that the media is "liberal", except that the show is what liberals should be. It's liberal as a compliment whereas the media is liberal as an insult.
  • I do enjoy the Jeff Daniels "no bullshit" persona. The Romney attacks are becoming tiring, however.
    I've never watched it but I'm hearing there are problems with it
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    The only redeeming thing on that show is Olivia Munn.

Everything else is ugly women trying to be hot and Aaron Sorkin wishing he had a time machine so he can rewrite liberals' ridiculous talking points into something more witty and thought provoking no matter how incorrect they are on the substance.

The only redeeming thing on that show is Olivia Munn.

Everything else is ugly women trying to be hot and Aaron Sorkin wishing he had a time machine so he can rewrite liberals' ridiculous talking points into something more witty and thought provoking no matter how incorrect they are on the substance.

You don't get the point of the show, at all.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    It's over written and comes off stiff and unrealistic.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,248 Founders Club

It's over written and comes off stiff and unrealistic.

yeah but still
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,961

Fucking librul media

The show might be liberal but only in the best sense of the word.
    Why is it Liberalism only seems to work on fictitious TV shows like The News Room and West Wing, while in reality it always ends up in abject failure?

Fucking librul media

Why is it Liberalism only seems to work on fictitious TV shows like The News Room and West Wing, while in reality it always ends up in abject failure?
    I never watched West Wing so I can't speak to that. I'm not really sure how The Newsroom is an example of it working. I don't think the message of the show is how great liberalism is. It has a liberal slant and people can't seem to see past that to see what it really is. The show is outwardly critical of the right but that itself is a criticism of the left. If liberals did their jobs this show wouldn't exist. And the problem, in reality, is that liberals are pussies.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    edited August 2013
    How's the second season compared to the first? I've yet to start watching the 2nd.
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    2nd not really developed much yet, better give them time to get their own guys in there.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,961

Fucking librul media

I never watched West Wing so I can't speak to that. I'm not really sure how The Newsroom is an example of it working. I don't think the message of the show is how great liberalism is. It has a liberal slant and people can't seem to see past that to see what it really is. The show is outwardly critical of the right but that itself is a criticism of the left. If liberals did their jobs this show wouldn't exist. And the problem, in reality, is that liberals are pussies.
    Never watched either so I probably shouldn't comment further, but if the show is outwardly critical of the right then it seems like it is based on a presumption that the conservative point of view is wrong and the liberal one is right...my guess being that it takes some conservative point, bastardizes/changes it to be almost evil and then claims that is what conservatives think and therefore why are you not opposing this.

Yet in reality we are seeing what 5 years of Liberalism is doing to the country...
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Fucking librul media

Never watched either so I probably shouldn't comment further, but if the show is outwardly critical of the right then it seems like it is based on a presumption that the conservative point of view is wrong and the liberal one is right...my guess being that it takes some conservative point, bastardizes/changes it to be almost evil and then claims that is what conservatives think and therefore why are you not opposing this.

Yet in reality we are seeing what 13 years of Liberalism is doing to the country...
    GWB was every bit the Big Government liberal as Obama is.

Check the facts.

Fucking librul media

Yet in reality we are seeing what 5 years of Liberalism is doing to the country...
    The attacks in the first season have been mainly pointed at the tea party and the fringe.

I actually don't have a problem with conservative policies and ideas when they're not going crazy. But shit like climate change denial, questioning Obamas birth certificate, abstinence only sex education, Benghazi, Solyndra, voter fraud, voter suppression, voting to repeal Obamacare for the 81st time, saying we have to cut spending and increase the military budget, refusing to raise taxes under any circumstances and much more. Things like these don't need to be bastardized and they make it very difficult to take that party seriously.

I realize you could make a list of idiotic things the democrats do. But I don't believe in everything being equal no matter what. Which is another thing the right does worse. There are not two sides to every issue and all wrongs are not equal. I know what the democrats flaws are and I have judged them (hi DJ) to be better than the rights flaws. You can think I'm being biased if you'd like but I don't like the left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

Fucking librul media

The attacks in the first season have been mainly pointed at the tea party and the fringe.

I actually don't have a problem with conservative policies and ideas when they're not going crazy. But shit like climate change denial, questioning Obamas birth certificate, abstinence only sex education, Benghazi, Solyndra, voter fraud, voter suppression, voting to repeal Obamacare for the 81st time, saying we have to cut spending and increase the military budget, refusing to raise taxes under any circumstances and much more. Things like these don't need to be bastardized and they make it very difficult to take that party seriously.

I realize you could make a list of idiotic things the democrats do. But I don't believe in everything being equal no matter what. Which is another thing the right does worse. There are not two sides to every issue and all wrongs are not equal. I know what the democrats flaws are and I have judged them (hi DJ) to be better than the rights flaws. You can think I'm being biased if you'd like but I don't like the left.
    HRYK 100%
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301

Fucking librul media

Clearly, you don't.
    Benghazi climate change and obamacare ate serious. How we handle the last two has a real world effect on millions of lives.