Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I'm Hearing: Todd Graham Edition

Graham was 60 minutes from getting the job at Florida. Had he beaten Arizona, he would be named head coach at Florida.

Thinking back to Sark I bet if he lost the 2013 Apple Cup it may have put the USC job for him in jeopardy.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,005
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I'm not disputing it but it seems really arbitrary. One game? Graham has been coaching for a while.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,521
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Graham was 60 minutes from getting the job at Florida. Had he beaten Arizona, he would be named head coach at Florida.

Thinking back to Sark I bet if he lost the 2013 Apple Cup it may have put the USC job for him in jeopardy.

So you're saying, they could've selected a 9-3 Arizona State coach who had his team ranked #6 in the country earlier that year (not to mention won the South last year) but chose Colorado State's coach instead?

FloridaFS.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

So you're saying, they could've selected a 9-3 Arizona State coach who had his team ranked #6 in the country earlier that year (not to mention won the South last year) but chose Colorado State's coach instead?

FloridaFS.
    I am not saying anything. I'm passing along what I'm hearing.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015

Sark allegedly told the UW players before the 2013 Oregon State game that they needed to save his job. Of course, he didn't specify to them WHICH job he meant. ;) <------ </p>

edit: I'm a fucktard.

Sark was just lucky his last two games were against a team that didn't give a shit and a coaching staff that made no second-half adjustments in the AC.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

FloridaFS.
    I am not saying anything. I'm passing along what I'm hearing.
    you need to learn the difference.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    thechatch said:

USC and Sark had agreed to a deal long before the Apple Cup. He was Hayden's guy all along.

Truth.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

FloridaFS.
    Mcmenamin or whatever >>> Tawd Graahham.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    thechatch said:

USC and Sark had agreed to a deal long before the Apple Cup. He was Hayden's guy all along.

Gawd Bless Hayden.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    thechatch said:

you mean that time in band camp when everyone in the entire world noticed Sark stopped recruiting...except the stadium building AD?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    thechatch said:

Agreed. But that doesn't mean Seven couldn't have still fucked it all up by losing the AC.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

FloridaFS.
    I have all the screenshots I need. Mcanamee won just as much at Colorado State as Tard Graham, and he's a Saban guy so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Probably not Urban Legend, but he'll win the east with all the dreck over there.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

FloridaFS.
    I have all the screenshots I need. Mcanamee won just as much at Colorado State as Tard Graham, and he's a Saban guy so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Probably not Urban Legend, but he'll win the east with all the dreck over there.
    Don't forget he out coached Leach.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,700
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

thechatch said:

Agreed. But that doesn't mean Seven couldn't have still fucked it all up by losing the AC.
    Doubt that would have jeopardized anything. Sark was locked in by mid October.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,820
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    thechatch said:

TTJ said:

thechatch said:

Disagree.

If Seven shit the bed, the perception of the hire would have gone South in a hurry. It already landed like a wet fart in church in a number of different SC circles as it was.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So Todd Graham's entire hiring hinged on the outcome of a single game....and not his body of work over his career??

I call b.s. I'm sure that's what was/is the rumor...I can't believe it's true though.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Tequilla said:

thechatch said:

TTJ said:

thechatch said:

Disagree.

If Seven shit the bed, the perception of the hire would have gone South in a hurry. It already landed like a wet fart in church in a number of different SC circles as it was.
    Bingo.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

So Todd Graham's entire hiring hinged on the outcome of a single game....and not his body of work over his career??

I call b.s. I'm sure that's what was/is the rumor...I can't believe it's true though.

The fact that he was #6 in the country and all he had to do was beat Riley probably set up the ultimatum of having to beat Dickrod.