Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official Bill Walton Game Thread (Fighting Romar's vs. Overrated Coach Sean Miller)

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2015
    Watch us win this one. We always seem to give Zona' problems. It's...just...we're...so bad.

Edit: I love how ESPN is pumping up the game by saying "Washington is looking for another statement win to add to their bubble resume"
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Watch us win this one. We always seem to give Zona' problems. It's...just...we're...so bad.

Edit: I love how ESPN is pumping up the game by saying "Washington is looking for another statement win to add to their bubble resume"

CHRIST. 3-8, 11th in the Pac-12. They could win every game until the Pac-12 final and still miss the Big Dance (ILTCITBD, IDT).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    just tuned in 8-7 zona 14 left in the first
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Walton is amazing. He just says whatever the fuck he thinks and his opinion is usually what others are scared to say.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "Flex-offs all around today and I remain undefeated"
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I did enjoy the opener where they said electric atmosphere and then panned from one basket to another and all you can see is purple seats under the rims. Nice showing. Even if UW sucks, it's nice to see a top 10 team in town.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I did enjoy the opener where they said electric atmosphere and then panned from one basket to another and all you can see is purple seats under the rims. Nice showing. Even if UW sucks, it's nice to see a top 10 team in town.

The best crowd they've had all year...this is the kind of crowd you'd see against Stoneybrook if we were a top 25 program.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hey, nothing screams basketball haven like having walton go to a #wearearowing school cutaway with 12 minutes left in the first half.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We are exposed so badly.

They are starting the Lorenzo Romar soap box with 8 left in the 1st.

That's how bad a beat down this is.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dierxxx must feel like the biggest piece of shit. Zero front line players and he can't sniff a minute. Instead we look like midgets who have given up.
  • Options
    Ty's 2008 team that openly quit on him tried harder than Romar's team is trying right now.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    UW is not competitive.

Absolutely NO excuse for this level of play from a team whose coach has had the tenure the length of Romar's.

Pathetic.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ty's 2008 team that openly quit on him tried harder than Romar's team is trying right now.

This is real talk.

We have never been more of a rowing school when the little announcer DURING PLAY stops announcing and says "maybe we should show some more rowing highlights".

Also Walton wondered aloud if Romar had enough timeouts to get some more recruits by half.

Complete embarrassment right now.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Dierxxx must feel like the biggest piece of shit. Zero front line players and he can't sniff a minute. Instead we look like midgets who have given up.

I actually feel bad for him. Well, at least a little bit. It's not his fault Romar didn't do his research and/or can't evaluate talent.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

This is real talk.

We have never been more of a rowing school when the little announcer DURING PLAY stops announcing and says "maybe we should show some more rowing highlights".

Also Walton wondered aloud if Romar had enough timeouts to get some more recruits by half.

Complete embarrassment right now.
    Give Dave Pasch his respect. Dude is awesome.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I actually feel bad for him. Well, at least a little bit. It's not his fault Romar didn't do his research and/or can't evaluate talent.
    I never feel bad for someone getting a free ride, plodding around campus in his free gear and banging sorority girls.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Must be saving the "UW has a great recruiting class" talk for second half filler?

And, I'm sure there's a graphic for the number of guys that Romar has sent to the NBA on its way as well.

None of which is an excuse for this dreckfest.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DHD said:

Must be saving the "UW has a great recruiting class" talk for second half filler?

And, I'm sure there's a graphic for the number of guys that Romar has sent to the NBA on its way as well.

None of which is an excuse for this dreckfest.

Yup. We'll get the longest tenured, 3 time coy, his winning percentage graphic around ten minutes to go.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

What the freaking fuck...espnfs